• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can Weed Help Cigarette Cravings?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
When I have bud, I do not smoke cigarettes. None at all. I feel no need for them. This lead me to believe I am not addicted. However when I run out of bud and have to go hours / days without smoking, I crave cigarettes like a BITCH. This is not because I enjoy the act of smoking (although I do). I know this because I use Tobacco in joints (don't hate it's just the way it is over here in the UK, haven't got the money for pure bud) but I only have a couple, maybe 4 joints a day max. But without weed, I find I end up smoking up to 15 cigarettes a day. So I guess my question is, can weed help prevent cigarette cravings??

you probably just have an oral fixation

at the peak of my weed high (likely due to my raw throat) i never feel the need to smoke a cig

once the peak is over and i’m in that stoned phase i feel like a cigarette will give me a little boost

in your case it may very well help with cigarette cravings.

you’ll just be developing a weed addiction in the long run

Na,weed for sure helps with cigarette cravings.I ALWAYS have noticed that wen I had an urge to smoke a CIG,bit smoke my bud 1st...my desire for a CIG completely goes away...

Although sometimes I have gave in and smoked a CIG after smoking,but its usually when I'm leaving the house..I like to puff just right before I have to go anywhere, and when I leave I will light up a smoke sometimes.

Hi Thomas

I'm afraid you are addicted to nicotine. When you are smoking joints you're getting your nicotine fix. Next time you run out of weed use NRT and see how you get on. Try vaping, more bang for your bucks.

Why don't you guys across the pond just smoke bowls like we do over here in 'Murica. Seriously you don't smoke nearly as much weed as if you just rolled up all the time. This negates the need for tobacco or papers or inhaling fuck tons of smoke cause once it's lit you wanna finish it.

A small glass or wooden pipe can make a well rationed stash go waaaaaay longer than just throwing all your herb into joints or blunts. I live in Atlanta so everyone is always trying to get me to smoke blunts and god damn it I hate blunts at this point in my life they taste like ass, the tobacco in the blunt wrap is pressed together scraps and it's such a god damn waste of pot. I love joints, you can make much more reasonably portioned joints and RAW papers are damn smooth, but even joints pale in comparison to a vaporizer or glass pipes as far as efficiency goes.

If you want to stop smoking then doenload info on all the withdrawal symptoms and prepare for them.

Hypnotherapy has helped a few people I know and once the guck is out of your lungs and youve had time away from smoking it gets easier.

Why don't you guys across the pond just smoke bowls like we do over here in 'Murica. Seriously you don't smoke nearly as much weed as if you just rolled up all the time. This negates the need for tobacco or papers or inhaling fuck tons of smoke cause once it's lit you wanna finish it.

A small glass or wooden pipe can make a well rationed stash go waaaaaay longer than just throwing all your herb into joints or blunts. I live in Atlanta so everyone is always trying to get me to smoke blunts and god damn it I hate blunts at this point in my life they taste like ass, the tobacco in the blunt wrap is pressed together scraps and it's such a god damn waste of pot. I love joints, you can make much more reasonably portioned joints and RAW papers are damn smooth, but even joints pale in comparison to a vaporizer or glass pipes as far as efficiency goes.

It's all down to opinion and culture, man. Tradition.

Europeans traditionally have smoked weed (or hash) mixed with tobacco. It's just been passed down that way. In the US it's pretty much the opposite, excluding a few out-of-the-ordinary individuals and social circles. It's all about familiarity.

I'm with you about efficiency, though. You wanna conserve tree, you need to get yourself a vaporizer or somethin' that lets you pack bowls.

As far as OP's situation, it really boils down to what your body's used to. Since you say you mix joints with tobacco, though, things are gonna be tricky as hell for you. It might work psychologically, but your body'll quickly realize it's not getting an actual nicotine fix and *poof!* your placebo effect is fuckin' gone, bro.

My recommendation would be cold turkey quitting but that shit fucking sucks so yeah. :\

Europeans traditionally have smoked weed (or hash) mixed with tobacco. It's just been passed down that way.

Yeah I remember reading somewhere that hash became the standard cannabis product for a long time in the UK and so it became incredibly normal to just crumble it into a hand rolled cigarette to smoke for convienence/mobility.

From what I understand the US had dry herb mostly as it was disconnected from traditional hash making cultures.

I think tobacco in the United States also has more additives than in many other countries so we think of it as "dirty" more so but that's just conjecture.

I too smoke way less when I have been using Marijuana. I've not been using it lately (even though I want to..) so I have been smoking cigarettes much much more.

That being said, I don't think you're helping yourself much by combining both weed and tobacco in a joint. You're basically still smoking a cigarette

Europeans traditionally have smoked weed (or hash) mixed with tobacco. It's just been passed down that way. In the US it's pretty much the opposite, excluding a few out-of-the-ordinary individuals and social circles. It's all about familiarity.

I'd say weed mixed with tobacco is widely done in the US, where I am more people smoke blunts than joints or bowls. It might be a black thing I mostly only smoke with black people.

But the european "spliff" thing I agree is very rare (or bowls with tobacco, anything besides blunts.) I personally think other than blunts tobacco ruins the taste and makes the smoke brutally harsh.

I'd say weed mixed with tobacco is widely done in the US, where I am more people smoke blunts than joints or bowls. It might be a black thing I mostly only smoke with black people.

But the european "spliff" thing I agree is very rare (or bowls with tobacco, anything besides blunts.) I personally think other than blunts tobacco ruins the taste and makes the smoke brutally harsh.

I have always noticed waaaaay more black dudes and chicks rolling blunts than me and the rest of the white people I grew up around, though now I have met a fair shair of (young) white blunt smokers but they're usually wanna be 'gangsters' or 'rappers' from the suburbs who are doing it to look badass and like they got money to waste, as the blunts they roll are ridiculously excessive, and sometimes are so overpacked they don't even smoke well!

I like a nice blunt man I don't wanna make it seem like I don't see the appeal of mixing tobacco and weed. I just cannot imagine smoking that way every time I smoke. I would do that shit like maybe on new years or something since tobacco is an occasional nostalgia for me not a way of life.

Last edited:

I don't really consider blunts rolled with straight weed to be mixed with tobacco, though. Yeah, I'm wrong because the leaf is tobacco, but smokin' a blunt is such a different experience than smoking weed mixed with tobacco. I've done it before but I haven't met anybody that prefers to smoke that way... always seemed to be done to make a small amount of smoke go a bit further.

When I quit cigarettes I was smoking about a pack every day. I went from smoking 1/8 - 1/4 a day to about 1/2 to 1oz for about 2 weeks. It didn't really reduce my craving so much as satisfy my urge to light something up and inhale the smoke.