• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can SWIM take dxm?

ghostr001

Greenlighter
Im currently taking Trazodone, Lexapro, and Klonopin that was prescribed to Me. Am i able to trip on dxm without any side effects?

Last edited:
No. The Lexapro and trazodone are both SSRIs and will interfere with DXM. These types of interactions can be very sever and lead to serotonin syndrome which can be fatal. I would strongly advise against using DXM in recreational doses while on those two medications.

No. The Lexapro and trazodone are both SSRIs and will interfere with DXM. These types of interactions can be very sever and lead to serotonin syndrome which can be fatal. I would strongly advise against using DXM in recreational doses while on those two medications.

How long can it take for these meds to get out of my System?

Last edited:
ooo shoulda said "we dont do SWIM here, please edit it out" because thats rule 1 :)

Next is the fact that SSRIs such as the ones you are on have a long active effect. I would honestly say you need to wait 2-4 weeks before its completely safe. DXM is a very heavy compound and its taxing on the liver and mind so you really need to make sure you are clear of all SSRI compounds before you dose, you do not want to end up in a very bad situation unable to fully grasp what is wrong with you.

Yeah you can, you could also shoot fentanyl. Doesn't mean you should though. As the above poster said recreational doses of dxm mixed with the lexapro and trazadone will easy end in SS and possibly death.