• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can subs or methadone help you get off of benzos?

get_lo

Greenlighter
I ran out of my KP's a week early. I seen a new dr since I just moved and He wouldn't help me what so ever. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I feel like total shit right now. I can't find any weed either to help with my benzo WD's. So I know Methadone and Subs do help you get off of opiates, but can they help you get off benzos as well?

It is very dangerous to abruptly stop taking benzos if you have a physical tolerance! What dose/frequency were you on? Consider going to an urgent care/hospital to prevent complications from wd (i.e.: seizures).

^ this
If you're experiencing benzo withdrawal, you need to seek medical help ASAP
opiates will not help.

Can Opioids alleviate some of the painful symptoms of Benzodiazepine withdrawal? - Most certainly. I'm sure having access would be a major aid in softening the severity of your symptoms, however, unfortunately, Benzodiazepines and Opioids work upon different systems in the mind and body, meaning you can't substitue one for the other. Even if you completely anesthetize yourself with painkillers, you are still going to crave Benzodiazepines throughout the process.

I've experience with this myself. Going through alcohol withdrawal I dosed a pretty large dose of Methadone with little Opioid tolerance and became heavily sedated and felt much better, but I still really needed a drink. I wouldn't have been able to relax regardless of the amount of Opioids I had taken.

OP, what's your tolerance to Benzodiazepines at the moment? If we had a little bit more detail, I and some others would probably be able to give you a better approximation of what you might experience.

Yeah, that's true. I haven't had seizures in a year now. I just wanted to know if one of those did help with benzo withdrawal, but its pretty obvious that It will not. Luckily, I got a hold of few 1mg Xanax and kpins to last me through the weekend. I'm going to see another Dr. on Monday, so I'm really hoping he will help me out. Also got some medical dro, so that's helping big time as well.

I wouldn't say that. I think Opioids would be a welcomed addition to anyone going through the pains of sedative/hypnotic withdrawal. The only issue is that Opioids will only mask some of the symptoms and not actually satiate the system upon which Benzodiazepins exert their action.

Last edited by a moderator: