• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can someone tell me what in the world my vyvanse is doing?

untitled5

Greenlighter
So to start off, Yesterday around 10:00AM I took 100 mgs. I have a decent tolerance to amphetamines. Well later on that day after the ride, the come down hit and for some reason it was extra bad. So around 2:00AM today I took another 150 mgs. And then of course the usual euphoria and I said ?Ok, I?m done for a few days?. Well it?s currently 2:22PM and I still feel the effects of my vyvanse but it?s so weird. I?m feeling definite dysphoria, like a comedown almost, but music still sounds so great to me. I?m very nauseated, and I think i?m seeing shadows out/hallucinations. I?ve only been up for one night so I don?t think Im delirious. Could it be an overdose that am I experiencing?

Sleep deprivation kicks in a lot sooner than you might think, even if you normally don't recognize the symptoms until later on. The chemical imbalance from the Vyvanse mixed with the body's Circadian rhythm being disrupted can cause premature and even more intense side effects. Have you been ingesting electrolytes and solid food during the last day?
I'd recommend plenty of water and trying to get at least 6 hours of sleep soon, or it'll just get worse.

Also, Vyvanse is inherently an extended release medication, so the full effects take longer to come into play. Since your tolerance is higher than a less frequent user, you shouldn't be in any danger. Hypocritically, I would say to take it easier next time.

Nothing is wrong with your vyvanse. I tried copying a chart but my phones being weird. But here is the link go to the chart with d amphetamine on the y axis (the one going up to down)

http://dmd.aspetjournals.org/content/40/2/290

Basically, i am guessing at roughly 12 hours post vyvanse dose 75% of the peak concentration will still be in you. Therefore, you should logically still feel vyvanse.

Whats wrong as previously stated is your likely sleep deprived, hungry and dehydrated.

Another thing about sleep deprivation is it really adds up. It's not just about how much sleep you've had in the last few days. If you've had poor sleep for months it can take a long time before your sleep pattern gets back to normal when you start sleeping properly again. Weeks at least, not days.

I don't know if that's related to this, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.