• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can someone help me ID an NMR analysis?

Kishka

Bluelighter
I'd like to know if you are able to help me identify a NMR analysis?

I will receive a sample of 3 DOEF blotters but I'd like to know if it's legit or no.

I received the NMR analysis but it have a watermark on it...

Can someone be able to help me?

Thank you :) !

What's that? I'm sorry, I don't know what a literature spectra is...

What's that? I'm sorry, I don't know what a literature spectra is...

He means you should try to find the NMR spectra of authentic DOEF in a publication or in a database and compare that to the spectra you received. It may be in the volume Shulgin recently published.

Freelancer.com. Offer $5-10 or something, pick the winning bid based off their review history / their claimed credentials. I'm sure theres strictly chemistry-based forums out there where someone might be interested in doing that.

Or.... you could teach yourself how to read an NMR analysis!

Hi !

Thank you Solipsis :)

Just awesome, looks like this at 98 % !!

Great :)

But remember: even if the spectrum they sent you was real and made by them (or their third party), it is possible though unlikely that the substance in question is different in a subtle way.
And who knows they might just have sent you a simulated NMR themselves. Then you'd better hope they gave you another less rare DOX with similar effects profile, and not something more potent and or dangerous.

Additionally, if you want, I can magnify the multiplet peaks - cause it is hard to see those ones clearly on the one I sent you. Hopefully yours has better resolution / clarity. Let me know and I will check for you.

Can you do a Marquis test? I would double check. Especially if the legitimacy of your source is hard to verify...
And consider starting with a modest dose even if you have 3 hits.

Must say you are checking out quite the exotic DOX / psychedelics lately! ;)

NH2 highfield from methyl? No way! What kind of software was used for the prediction?

Here is an introduction to interpreting H-NMR: http://chemwiki.ucdavis.edu/Physica...sonance/NMR:_Experimental/NMR:_Interpretation

And here is a table of characteristic chemical shifts for functional groups:
http://orgchem.colorado.edu/Spectroscopy/Reference.pdf

And here is a website that lets you generate simulated/theoretical spectra for compounds:
http://www.nmrdb.org/

It's probably easiest to just look for a reference spectra (or generate a theoretical one using that site if you can't find one in literature) and see how your own spectra matches up. If there are differences you can try to piece together what else is there using the information I linked above.

But there's nothing inherently trustworthy about a spectra that you receive from a vendor, since you obviously don't have any evidence that it corresponds to the compound in your possession. If they're trying to pass something else off as DOEF, of course they're not going to give you legitimate spectrographic information.

On the other hand, a legitimate spectra could be useful for determining impurities. But there's honestly not much reason to worry yourself over impurities present in DOx syntheses.

Last edited: