• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Can someone explain kindling to me?

tokayeahok

Bluelighter
Have read a few things but can anyone put into simpler terms about what kindling is in regards to withdrawal & opiates, in particular and why this happens?

cheers xo

why is that, though? this may sound incredibly ignorant - but say you’re clean for 7-8 days, and then use again - wouldn’t that sorta lead to decreased tolerance and less withdrawal symptoms? Of course it’s always been exactly what you said, for me personally. just comes back stronger than it was. does this apply to lengthened clean time, and if you relapse? would you get withdrawals after a one or two day binge?

i’m clean, but just reflecting on previous experiences this morning and was just pondering. thanks for the reply
Intensified symptoms after each withdrawal fail.

I had with morphine and I was in hospital for two days bc of a relapse.. you can control this stage of privatization to say, and have a "safe helmet" with at least 1 succesful WD.

why is that, though? this may sound incredibly ignorant - but say you’re clean for 7-8 days, and then use again - wouldn’t that sorta lead to decreased tolerance and less withdrawal symptoms? Of course it’s always been exactly what you said, for me personally. just comes back stronger than it was. does this apply to lengthened clean time, and if you relapse? would you get withdrawals after a one or two day binge?

i’m clean, but just reflecting on previous experiences this morning and was just pondering. thanks for the reply

Depends, human body doesn't know what you think of 7-8 days. Your thyroid gestionates the WD get it verified if you have the necessary money.

@tokayeahok withdrawal is your body adapting to the presence of a substance.

Kindling is your body adapting to the repeated adaptation process... if that makes sense.

It's not that much different to the mechanism behind tolerance, but it's like the inverse of tolerance.

Your body just becomes more efficient over time and multiple withdrawals, and more strongly produces the homogonization neuromechmical changes that cause withdrawal symptoms.

The body becomes stronger and better at anything it does repeatedly, including neurochemical homogenization after a sudden massive change. But in this case, being better at it isn't such a pleasant expensive subjectively.

@tokayeahok withdrawal is your body adapting to the presence of a substance.

Kindling is your body adapting to the repeated adaptation process... if that makes sense.

It's not that much different to the mechanism behind tolerance, but it's like the inverse of tolerance.

Your body just becomes more efficient over time and multiple withdrawals, and more strongly produces the homogonization neuromechmical changes that cause withdrawal symptoms.

The body becomes stronger and better at anything it does repeatedly, including neurochemical homogenization after a sudden massive change. But in this case, being better at it isn't such a pleasant expensive subjectively.
thanks snafu, appreciate breaking it down for me like this! hope you’re having a lovely day! xo