• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can smoking cause this??

Namaste6645

Greenlighter
Okay, I have a strange question. I have stayed away from smoking meth with a friend of mine for a good while. She has these cool shabong things that a friend of hers made. She cleans this thing and changes the water or kool-aid she puts in it regularly (I’ve watched her numerous times). I got horrible huge bumps underneath my tongue a few months ago after smoking but I didn’t believe it was from that I guess..it was incredibly painful and I could not eat or drink. I’ve had bumps from olives or pickles before but this wasn’t like that. This was underneath..so weird! I had to go to the ER and never got a real answer but the steroids I was given seemed to help and they did get smaller and go away. I’m sorry for so much information, I hit it again today with fresh water in it and I watched her do it, she also cleans the steam all of the time and saves it for a rainy day. Anyway, out of nowhere on one side of my tongue, it’s one of those under the tongue bumps or knots again! Is this maybe from smoking or nah?? Any advice?? Thanks y’all!!

It's probably not from smoking.

I've used meth various routes and even when not smoking it, I some how would end up with sores/bumps/burns in my mouth and gum issues, etc..

I think more or less, your body detoxes through it's saliva, gums, urine & sweat. It's possible that impurities + vasoconstriction of meth can cause these issues, regardless of how it's taken. Otherwise it makes no sense that I still have the same problems even when I do not smoke it.

Imagine all of these areas of your body trying to detox foreign chemicals out, but the blood vessels in these areas are shrunken and not enough blood gets to there to repair things. I imagine this results in sores and bumps and all kinds of issues.

Yup I used a tiny amount of meth on a drive recently, like stupid small amount. (20mg d-Amphetamine, 2mg d-meth, ~.25g cocaine, and lots of caffeine) And I got the bumps on my tongue, made eating hard for a couple days. I’ve done drives plenty of times without the meth and while taxing on the immune system never had that happen until this time with the tiniest amount added. Not sure why it’s so rough on the immune system but it damn sure is.

-GC