• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Phenylepherine In Hemhorroid Ointment Interact With Stims Taken Orally?

LandsUnknown

Bluelighter
Just something I wondered about since it has phenylephrine in it. Which is an alpha-adrenic agonist. Thus, I would guess that taking amphetamine-type stims at the same time as phenylephrine may be somewhat like taking ephedrine at the same time as amphetamine-type stims, which is dangerous for the heart from what I've heard. So, theoretically if someone were to use too much of the hemhorroid ointment and was on stims at the same time, could it cause someone to OD? The reason why I ask is because I have this massive hemhorroid that's been killing me the past couple days, and I used a ton of this hemhorroid stuff this morning. And I'm on benzedrex at the moment (which I've found to be surprisingly euphoric). Nothing bad has happened or anything, but could it theoretically? Or does the phenylepherine not get absorbed/there's not enough of it in the ointment for it to interact with stims? I realize that this is probably a retarded question, but I just wondered about this. Plus, it would be a hell of a way to go. I mean I can't imagine a much more embarrassing obituary than "LandsUnknown overdosed on hemhorroid ointment and died in his home at age 26." lol.

While I am not 100% sure, I think the amount of Phenylephrine in the ointment should be enough only to cause a local effect but once it goes in the circulation it should definitely be below threshold.