• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can phenibut show up as ALCOHOL on a UA??

jedchad9877

Greenlighter
Pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb question. I have a few urinary drug tests coming up and one thing they will test for is alcohol. If phenibut affects the same receptors as alcohol, is it possible for phenibut to come up as a false positive for alcohol?

Relax there internet police. ^ how about we PM this person to help them fuckin out instead of being Mr. corporate and asking for a close immediately. Anyways OP there is a small chance Phenibut gives a false positive as alcohol since they both target GABA-B
But no guarantees. How long are we talking about here?

Alcohol is an extremely simple molecule (C2 H6 O), Phenibut is a much larger molecule (C10 H13 N O2). Very unlikely for one to give a false positive for the other.

Ok, since I'm the dick that wanted this closed but it isn't, I'll share *some* metabolic chemistry. EtOH is extensively metabolized, I don't know about phenibut. It's possible, but unlikely, a common metabolite exists when phenibut is broken down by liver enzymes.

There, no policing, and I avoided the rule. Ok with that?

Yes, I can be a dick b/c I really care about the integrity of this board.

Ok, since I'm the dick that wanted this closed but it isn't, I'll share *some* metabolic chemistry. EtOH is extensively metabolized, I don't know about phenibut. It's possible, but unlikely, a common metabolite exists when phenibut is broken down by liver enzymes.

There, no policing, and I avoided the rule. Ok with that?

Yes, I can be a dick b/c I really care about the integrity of this board.

Yeah, you did the right thing, shouldve been closed already, but mods are slacking.