• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can people give me general reading recomendations on chemistry/physics?

(Cue booming voice...)

Centuries before Christ there were two Greeks named ummm... Demoititis or something and his teacher who's name I don't remember. They theorized that all matter was made up of tiny indivisible particles which they called Atoms; Greek for uncuttable.

Leucippus

with orgo most people just memorize the reactions to satisfy the requirement then forget it altogether, never to be remembered again. I have yet to stumble into a real-life conversation in which the Grignard reaction is being talked about...

The choices of books over here is quite stunning! I have always been fascinated by physics, so I will definitely give few of these books a try.

It really depends on what you are looking for. Are you planning to learn about human biochemistry and physiology in the long run or are you really just interested in physics and chemistry? I really cannot recommend any books on the latter, but there are few of the former worth looking into.

Lehninger is a good resource for biochemistry. It covers some basics of organic chemistry.
When it comes to physiology Boron/Boulpaep is unmatched imho.
There you go, 2500 pages to work through. When you are done you will know everything you need to know about the healthy human body (well, except for anatomy...). Both these books are available below for less than 50 USD each! :)

However you can basically learn all you need to know on physics and chemistry on wikipedia. Especially in these fields wikipedia is an often underestimated resource. A friend of mine who is also studying medicine has started to learn exclusively with wikipedia. He is one of the brightest students, has flawless scores on pretty much every test and is basically gonna be a doctor educated solely by Wikipedia. Actually he says Wikipedia is far too comprehensive on most subjects required for the exam, eventhough it covers far less knowledge than it does when it comes to other fields, like physics, math or chemistry. Welcome to the future! :D

I'd personally start with stuffmonger's thread on turning MDPV into a sex-crazed-superdrug of no known origin or chemistry (but despite this, definitely not an analogue); all developed in the belize jungle, where there are lots of dogs with their backs to the wall.

i wanna read this

I'd personally start with stuffmonger's thread on turning MDPV into a sex-crazed-superdrug of no known origin or chemistry (but despite this, definitely not an analogue); all developed in the belize jungle, where there are lots of dogs with their backs to the wall.
Ahaha best thread ever.