• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can paracetamol be separated from diphenhydramine HCL?

cowardescent

Bluelighter
I would like the experience of diphenhydramine despite the many criticisms of it as inducing terrible hallucinations. I heard that it can be good at lower doses.

The only problem is, I'm in Ireland and unlike the US or UK, the diphenhydramine OTC products contain paracetamol which definitely isn't too good for the liver or stomach seeing as each tablet contains 25mg of the deliriant and I would need to take several to get any effect.

I believe I read on another forum that the process is too complex, time consuming and costly. Apparently, it's cheaper to fly to the US or UK than try and separate the paracetamol from the deliriant.

According to the site acetaminophen's solubility in water is 1 to 5 mg/ml at 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
So I would perform a cold-water extraction with 500 ml of water to be safe. (1 water bottle)
It's been some time since I have done a CWE personally, so if I am wrong someone please correct me.
Steps:
1. heat 500 mL of water to lukewarm heat (above 72 fahrenheit)
2. Crush tablets and pour the powder into the lukewarm water
3. Place in the freezer for 30 min and once a white powder (paracetamol) has formed in the solution take it out.
4. Strain through cheesecloth or coffee filter and throw away the filter and white powder
5. Drink up and enjoy!

EDIT: I believe this should work because DPH seems to be very soluble in water, whereas paracetamol requires the heated water to dissolve. Therefore, once the solution has cooled the paracetamol should have "crashed out" so to speak.

According to the site acetaminophen's solubility in water is 1 to 5 mg/ml at 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
So I would perform a cold-water extraction with 500 ml of water to be safe. (1 water bottle)
It's been some time since I have done a CWE personally, so if I am wrong someone please correct me.
Steps:
1. heat 500 mL of water to lukewarm heat (above 72 fahrenheit)
2. Crush tablets and pour the powder into the lukewarm water
3. Place in the freezer for 30 min and once a white powder (paracetamol) has formed in the solution take it out.
4. Strain through cheesecloth or coffee filter and throw away the filter and white powder
5. Drink up and enjoy!

EDIT: I believe this should work because DPH seems to be very soluble in water, whereas paracetamol requires the heated water to dissolve. Therefore, once the solution has cooled the paracetamol should have "crashed out" so to speak.

Thank You =D.

Hopefully the trip doesn't go south as many people on erowid and here say.

No problem! I've only had one experience with DPH at the end of a DXM trip and it was fun, but definitely crazy. It felt like whenever I closed my eyes I was in a dream. Like I would close my eyes and see lines of soldiers and then I would open them and only 30 seconds would have passed, rather than hours that I had felt.