• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can oxycontin be sent from Europe to USA (with prescription ofc) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Ok I know it's kinda long but if you are not up to reading about my story you can skip to the bolded paragraph below where I'll cut to the point...
Long story short: 2 years ago I was in very bad car accident I was hit by a car and in general I am lucky to be alive. My most serious damage was shattered pelvis and damaged nerve on my left leg. The surgeon put 5 titanium chains and 17 pins to hold my pelvis together, I have pretty severe nerve damage and pain. I had a horrible and painful year being in hospitals, in bed for months and very hard and painful physical therapy. For about 14 months I was on oxycontin for pain which was the miracle drug for me (not in the recreational way), but 10 months ago the docs decided to switch me to lesser pain killers and tried Nucynta, Norco, Tramadol, Tylenol 3 + Xanax or Lyrica combo for the nerve. They barely relieve my pain even to this day. I am sure it's not a withdraw, I've been there I know the difference believe me. For 10 months I gave a shot and was a lab subject to all these drugs and I am trying to explain to this day for the docs that they don't really work and have to take enormous dosages of these narcotics to get at least some relieve, they still refuse to put me back on the on 1 thing that really helped me - Oxycontin (I know it's strong but I prefer 1 pill instead my body to be a test subject for 3-4 different pill combos that only harm my body even more). I was always taking the recommended dosages of oxy, never abused... About 5 months ago I was finally in some in shape to travel with a plane for a vacation to Bulgaria (I'm born there but live in USA for the past 7 years). I have a doc in Bulgaria who was amazed about my case and was determent to help me. He gave me script for the oxycontin for a month supply (which I was able to extend to 2 months knowing I won't get any from US docs). He is very kind and even email me from time to time to check on me. He'll always give me the script if I go to Bulgaria or even to my family member if comes to the US. But these trips are expensive and very difficult especially for me in my condition.

So here is what I was wondering (the point of the topic :) - Is there ANY way the doc in Bulgaria to fill me a prescription for oxycontin (I know he will) and legitimately to send it to USA via courier, mail or whatever + official letter of explanation for the authorities if they decide to inspect the package. Is this possible at all? Or option 2 - If a family member leik my mother send the pills to me just as a regular package? What is even the chance to be inspected when is handled and transported? She regularly sends me vitamins, herbs, food/herbal supplement that can not be found in the States and so far we've never had any problem with the packages not being delivered. Plus the Bulgarian pharmaceutical companies don't really write anything on the pills as they do here in US (to be identified by the number) and the oxycontin looks just like the... vitamins pills.

Any thoughts guys? Do you think something like this is possible or is it very risky? What are the chances to identify that it is a narcotic? Maybe I'm just very just very nervous about it? When I was traveling back to USA, the pills were in my laptop bag and even thru all the scanners and securities on the airports, nobody really cared about it. They didn't inspected it or something. I had ofcourse a letter that it is legally prescribed to me but I kept the letter separate from the pills in a different bag...

Its a bit risky but mailorder pharmacies ship drugs, including controls (usually not C-IIs though) and thousands successfully use foreign based "pharmacies". This is close to being against our rules but will see how others feel about before closing.

Well really, what do you have to lose? You wouldn't get in trouble for a valid prescription; no ones going to arrest you for drug trafficking. The worst that happens is you don't receive your meds.

Best scenario is you get your meds and all is well. If you don't, you're no worse off than you are now, correct?

The only thing I would be concerned with is withdrawal--if you get them no problem for months then say a shipment is delayed...I would make sure to always keep extra

Other than that, I'm really of the mindset--you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

I hate to say, but this is in the area of legal questions, which is not really allowed on this board so if the topics locked done be shocked.

I'd advise against facing your family members and it as if it is caught it will be a pain at best just for you. As far as you're fixture sending it I can't say, but highly doubt it. Try seeking pharmacies inside the US willing to communicate with your doctor's out of country although I'm assuming you've tried that. Sorry I'm not able to help and wish you the best

Status
Not open for further replies.