• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Oxycodone/Naloxone get you high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDF16

Bluelighter
Hi all guys, I have these Targin tablets, (10 mg oxycodone/5 mg naloxone, extended release) and I'm just wondering if I take 2 I will be high. My experiences with opioids/opiates are only with codeine and tapentadol, so I never tried the "hard ones". Will 20 mg oxycodone/10 mg naloxone get me high if I bomb them? Thanks in advance.

Oxycodone will get you high, the recommended recreational dose is 15-20 mg, but naloxone feels absolutely misreble. I have no idea why a pill containing both even exists. Naloxone is used to treat opiod overdoses, and feels like horrible opiod withdrawal, so I can't imagine why anyone would even have the idea to make a pill containing both. Did you see the bottle, or did someone just give it to you and say that's what it was? I'd recommend googling the pill code to make sure that's really what it is. If it is both, just throw it away. It will make you feel misreble, and has zero potential non recreational value.

Thanks for the answer! Yes I have seen the whole box of it, my mate stoled it from his grandma in front of me. Targin is pretty common in Italy and Australia, if you google it you will find a lot of questions and info about it. People say that naloxone is inactive with the oral ROA, so it is used to fight the abuse of it because you can't snort/inject it, because if you do that, naloxone will be active and you will get exactly the feeling that you described. The Targin's description also says that naloxone (orally) is used to fight the constipation problem caused from oxycodone. Which ROA did you used with naloxone?

I've never used naloxone, I just knew it was for ODs and send you into instant withdrawals. Usually it comes in a spray thing and you spray it into your nose. Interesting how they do that though, never heard of it before. If you want it to kick quicker, you could either chew it or parachute it (Google parachute pills if you don't know how to do it). Idk if naloxone activates if you plug it, youd have to look at up, but if it doesn't and you want it to kick in quick and be stronger you could plug it (if you think its worth it).

Are you addicted to opiates? You will get the naloxone if you snort it or inject it (you shouldn't), and it will block the oxycodone but if you aren't a habitual user and don't get withdrawals you're unlikely to feel anything from the naloxone either. If you are a habitual user you'd go into withdrawal and it won't be fun. Oxycodone still has a longer half life so you probably would get high after about an hour but honestly snorting it would be a waste. Snorting oxycodone is kinda pointless anyways, the best way to take it is orally as its bioavailability is highest that way (aside from IV but it's close and shooting oxy is dangerous)

But wouldn't that just cancel out most of the effects of the oxycodone? It sounds counterproductive to me; like adding caffeine into benzodiazepine tablets. Unless the extended release mechanism somehow does something obscure...?

Ah, that makes sense then. I wasn't aware of that fact.

In that case, taking the pills should feel much the same as straight oxy. I daresay that if you did some research into the solubility of the two compounds in various solvents you might even be able to find a way to separate them, but IMO it'd be more trouble and risk than it's worth.

Tell your friend not to steal medications from people who need them. That's not a nice thing to do and could land him in trouble. I'm closing this because we don't really allow asking if a drug is recreational and you have gotten some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.