• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can MDMA permanently change your brain?

Nucci37

Bluelighter
I was abusing mdma once a week for 8 weeks. One time I used it 2 days in a row and used a gram throughout the night the second time. What i want to know is can mdma change my brain permanently? becuase I am now sober for 5 months and still dont feel the same as I used to. I have alot of social anxiety around people, even my friends and family.

After that kind of use? Nobody knows. Even if you caused permanent changes to your brain, though, your anxiety is not necessarily permanent.

Do either of you know for sure if it can permanently change your brain? If you dont know for sure, do you think it can?

If you believe the brain is neuroplastic then even if changes are 'permanent' then surely new 'permanent' changes can still be made. Like the rewiring of reward networks on different pathways.
If the answer is 'yes' then you may as well accept your condition which will immediately alleviate suffering whereas if the answer is 'no' then you are hopeful and will work harder towards recovery. Either way it's in your interest to better your mind which is undoubtedly malleable. Practice mindfulness to reduce your ruminating thoughts and anxiety. It's not a predicament you can think yourself out of. Eat well, exercise, observe your thoughts and you will get better in time.

Not at all, some people end up feeling quite off for many months after a trip. Just because you're not back to normal worthy 6 months doesn't mean it's permanent. It just takes some time to get back to normal, and things like mindfulness and cardio will really help.

If you happen to be an over-thinker, someone who is constantly ruminating and talking to themselves in their head, it's really important to start practicing mindfulness.

Do either of you know for sure if it can permanently change your brain?
No.

If you dont know for sure, do you think it can?
Yes. Many if not most things in life can permanently change our brains in one way or another.

I was abusing mdma once a week for 8 weeks. One time I used it 2 days in a row and used a gram throughout the night the second time. What i want to know is can mdma change my brain permanently? becuase I am now sober for 5 months and still dont feel the same as I used to. I have alot of social anxiety around people, even my friends and family.

No.

The only true permanent changes in the brain are majoral structural changes like anyeurism, white/grey matter defect from chronic substance abuse, trauma, or disease, -- things like that

What is remarkable is that even the adult brain will reroute and re-center functions from damaged areas.

N, you don't have brain damage. Your symptoms are basically a mild case of PTSD -- the MDMA (or whatever) produced the same effect as a overwhelmingly emotionally traumatic event like:

abducted and sexually assaulted (not trivializing sexual assault or rape in any way)

lost one or more close family members in a single event

walking in on your partner fucking someone else (behind your back)

If you have no visual disturbances, you'll be fine I imagine. If you do....well that could be permanent. I'm starting to think mine our.

No.

The only true permanent changes in the brain are majoral structural changes like anyeurism, white/grey matter defect from chronic substance abuse, trauma, or disease, -- things like that

What is remarkable is that even the adult brain will reroute and re-center functions from damaged areas.

N, you don't have brain damage. Your symptoms are basically a mild case of PTSD -- the MDMA (or whatever) produced the same effect as a overwhelmingly emotionally traumatic event like:

abducted and sexually assaulted (not trivializing sexual assault or rape in any way)

lost one or more close family members in a single event

walking in on your partner fucking someone else (behind your back)

I agree with this. I've seen this a thousand times before and the answer is almost always anxiety, which I indeed suspect is a form of PTSD. Perhaps some mindfulnes and meditation coupled with intense exercise and good food could help you immensely, try it

Thanks for the replies everyone i really do apreciate it. I think im already feeling better, these replies may have helped with that.

I used more heavily than this, then I didn't use for over five years. I am not as positive or upbeat or happy as I used to be, I would say I definitely have a very dulled emotional capability. Furthermore, I tried using again for the first time after five years, I took a 150mg hit of pure crystal, and it hardly effected me. Other people around were going crazy on 100mg so I'd say for me at least, it's pretty obvious I did some permanent damage yes.