• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can Lyrica and Baclofen be rotated ?

neone

Bluelighter
When i used lyrica first time for social anxiety it was magical even on just 75 mg and kept magical for few days then lost its effect so i cut it off for a week and half then use it again and the effect is back so i figured it cant be taken continously to have same effect . I heard phenibut is awesome but i cant get it but heard baclofen has its same effect so i decided to rotate between lyrica and baclofen so does anyone know if this is possible or does building tolerance to one makes me tolerant to the other too ?

According to my knowledge lyrica blocks ca channel receptors without acting on gaba a or b but baclofen directly acts on gaba (i dont know a or b) so does that mean they can be rotated without being tolerant to one carrying also to the other ?

N.B i got valium too though i dont know which gaba it acts on so i can use it so how shall i go about rotating these three and does building tolerance to one affect the other too ?

So i may go 3 days lyrica (ca channel blocker) then 3 days Baclofen (gaba b agonist) then 3 days Valium (gaba a agonist)

Is that rotation plan good ?

Last edited:
I am not sure. I heard (this may or may Not be correct) that lyrica or gabapentin cancels out the withdrawal effect of baclofen. So you may have a good plan. I don't know tho for sure. Just trying to give you my opinion and experience. I will use baclofen for 2 days and also lyrica in low dose. And I have not taken either in about 4 days (I'm out of baclofen) and I don't have any withdrawals. Just back to my anti-social, withdrawn, inhibited self :(

That sounds like a good plan to me. Pregabalin and Gabapentin both have rapid tolerance buildups (gabapentin, moreso). That's why you're feeling the need to rotate to begin with, it seems. Baclofen does indeed act on the GABA B receptors (and you are also correct about pregablin not binding to any receptors, but inhibiting voltage-gated calcium channels), and is given to people primarily experiencing muscle spasm issues, but also has been found to be effective at managing alcohol withdrawal as well as addiction in general. I have experience with pregabalin, gabapentin, and baclofen, and I knew that baclofen has caused me to literally forget about other drugs. Some people on other forums label it "the addiction cure", lol. I don't think it is quite that, but it certainly helps.

I totally agree ^
Never tried gabapentin, but I have noticed that when on about 75mgs of baclofen, and taking lyrica at night, I forgot about adderall which I normally take everyday. And the baclofen induces hypomania in me, I am so preoccupied with other things, I find that I don't even think about smoking (cigs) I have gone from smoking a pack a day, to barely smoking at all