View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can LSD stick to paper?

lb teddy dl

Greenlighter
If someone was to mail LSD to someone, and they shipped it in blotter inside your common Letter, can some LSD from the blotter stick to the letter? Blotter was purple and it seemed like their was traces of purple sticked on the letter where the blotter was sitting in, dumb question, but I'm honestly curious .

Short answer would be yes, though how much and whether it makes any real difference to the amount left on the tab itself would be arguable.

Was the tab(s) just floating freely inside the envelope, or were they more or less confined to the one spot where you found the disolouration? Personally if the latter and they were just sitting in the one spot, I'd eat that part of the envelope too :p

Yes it sticket to only one part of the envolope, you can see the purple in where the tab was sitting in,

Short answer would be yes, though how much and whether it makes any real difference to the amount left on the tab itself would be arguable.

Was the tab(s) just floating freely inside the envelope, or were they more or less confined to the one spot where you found the disolouration? Personally if the latter and they were just sitting in the one spot, I'd eat that part of the envelope too :p

Yes it sticket to only one part of the envolope, you can see the purple in where the tab was sitting in,

Yep, Troz is right. Eat anything purple...couldn't hurt. In the envelope, I mean. Don't go scarfing that Egg Plant outta your fridge or anything.

Purple?? from Ehrlich's reagent? I don't think you wanna ingest that stuff..

If lysergamide is crystallized kinda on top of outside the blotter paper it could easily be lost.. but in most cases I think the boundaries of blotter paper absorbancy are not being pushed and you'd expect by far most of the LSD to be inside of the porous structure of the paper. That porous structure is the reason it blots and if it holds the blotting liquid, it holds the lysergamide after evaporation. And it would adsorb to it.

But, it does probably depend on how it was evaporated - if done the wrong way you could probably pool the liquid weirdly and perhaps some of the lysergamide would not be properly inside of the paper. Still it would have to overcome the adsorption forces, and be pretty much 'pulled out' by capillary effects or something. Ones reinforced by idk a fan blowdrying it?

Paper seems thin, but on a micro level the surface area seems less relevant than the inner porous structure. But if for some reason there is a weird white shine over the surface that is not a result of washed out ink, then yeah it could be LSD or an analogue etc, especially if it likes to adsorb to whatever the inside of the envelope is made of equally or even more. So aluminum foil or waxcoated paper seal may not be a bad idea in that particular case.

Most blotter is less potent than advertised, and even without all the dealer marketing exaggeration I think it's not weird if during all of the laying and processing some of the LSD gets lost for other reasons than degradation. Possibly this costs a lot of people a percentage of their product with it being overlooked by almost everyone? But then again losing a little from all the regular going-ons is part of it. If we would get stressed over every % lost then it would get a really anxious scene.

Last edited: