View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can LSD or ETH-LAD cause depletion?

Robinvanpersie

Bluelighter
Can LSD or ETH-LAD cause depletion in some neurotransmitters like serotonin or dopamine for example, increasing the changes of leaving you depressed a few days after?

First I thought the effects came only from the LSD and ETH-LAD molecule binding to the same receptors as serotonin. But then people say these two drugs can give you similar euphoria as mdma, so I started to wonder if serotonin or other transmitters gets released during the trip.

I tried ETH-LAD last week and this weekend I had massive depression feelings. Now I'm fine but those feelings really reminded me of the mdma blues you can get.

So is the drugs own molecule the main active ingredient or does it actually cause a release of other transmitters similar to mdma, but maybe not in the same degree of course?

I have no idea I would assume not. Mabey a little serotonin is used but it's not a releaser or neurotransmitters like mdma. I feel very refreshed the next week. In fact I find taking lsd resets my mood. So that's odd it's quite the opposite for me. Kinda works like a antidepressant IMO.
Mabey the nature of the trip sent you into a depressed state.
Solipsis will have your answer bud.
Happy trails,
Nugz

Neither are releasers and therefore shouldn't cause any depletion. That's what's so wonderful about lysergimides, they never cause the depletion issues that stuff like MDMA does, and as such can be used on a more frequent basis without concerns for physical issues in the brain.

They are simply agonists, they do not force the release of anything to my knowledge.

But yeah, hopefully Solipsis shows up and drops some sic chemistry knowledge on us, he'll know best hahah.