View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can LSA trigger psychosis like LSD?

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
So we know that people with psychotic disorders or those predisposed to them should not take psychedelics, but what about bipolar disorder? I have been diagnosed with a form of bipolar disorder and I have tripped on LSA through morning glory seeds a couple times now, and have had multiple experiences with 25i and once with psilocybin (the shrooms weren't dried and were picked from a sketchy location, but they were shrooms nonetheless.) and I haven't had any new symptoms or disorders pop up. I haven't done LSD though. Should I be concerned with taking psychedelics with a bipolar diagnosis? And if I can be fine with these other psychedelics, will I be fine with real LSD if/when I finally get my hands on it?

Psychedelics always somewhat risk messing up the mind, but since you're proceeding with caution, then sure, go for LSD. The substances you want to be weary of with a bipolar diagnosis are the substances notorious for dropping you into a crash state, like amphetamines and cocaine.

I experienced psychosis one time while on MG seeds or Lsa. I was also on Paxil and tramadol and I'm not sure if this contributed to the psychosis But I blacked out and walked around naked something I never would never do normally and was talking complete gibberish. Came back too the next morning and had the worse hangover imaginable

LSD and LSA both can induce psychotic states of mind since they both are psychoactive substances.

I think I read that it has since been discredited (the idea that psychedelics in good out underlying mental disorders).

I’ll try to find an article

Edit: everything I’m reading is saying that yes LSD and other psychedelics can trigger underlying disorders.

Still, I feel like I heard somewhere that is was a myth; maybe someone’s else can chime in on that.

I think I read that it has since been discredited (the idea that psychedelics in good out underlying mental disorders).

I’ll try to find an article

Edit: everything I’m reading is saying that yes LSD and other psychedelics can trigger underlying disorders.

Still, I feel like I heard somewhere that is was a myth; maybe someone’s else can chime in on that.

Not really ...

The Osmand and Smythies clinical trials showed that there was tremendous opportunity and potential for LSD to help those with Mental Disorders.

Unfortuntately for the world the US Government wanted to use LSD as a mind control substance for espionage. What followed was a systematic discreditation of previous work to whitewash the Clinical Reports so that they could freely weaponize LSD. It took decades of lawsuits to gain access to the records that showed that the CIA wanted to quash this information in an effort to keep this drug as a weapon and diminish it's usefulness in clinical application for mental health treatment.

LINK: Clinical use for LSD in the 1950's

Last edited:
Any psychedelic can trigger an underlying "disorder. If a person knows this before going into possibly a lower then standard dosage of LSA or LSD or analogue, the tripper may be better able to avoid psychosis.
I apologize, but I have seen people take absurd amounts of psychedelics, have a bad to very bad trip, be fucked up for usually a week or so then come back focusing on this new psychotic issu

Dose , set and setting.

If someone has a underlying psychosis issue, someone around them can pick up on it.

I believe in in the healing ability of LSA, LSD, shrooms,etc.

Thanks. Common sense rules.

in my own experience LSD can heal any mental disorder but this takes a true trained professinal like stanislov grof to be your trip sitter.

in my own experience LSD can heal any mental disorder but this takes a true trained professinal like stanislov grof to be your trip sitter.

I do believe that some disorders can be solved with psychedelic medicine, but some other disorders seem to have roots in brain structure and chemistry that LSD or any other drug cannot change.
The various forms of Schizophrenia make a good example.
Did you have a disorder that has been cured by psychedelics? Or was it someone you know?

I do believe that some disorders can be solved with psychedelic medicine, but some other disorders seem to have roots in brain structure and chemistry that LSD or any other drug cannot change.
The various forms of Schizophrenia make a good example.
Did you have a disorder that has been cured by psychedelics? Or was it someone you know?
schizopherina can be solved in same cases with LSD aswell the study in the 50s showed alot of good things. I personally know somebody who uses LSD to treat his shzicopherina one trip will keep his symptoms at bay for a few months.

Mh, let's not forget that there are probably different causes to schizophrenia, so in some cases it might help in other cases not.

Also, we need to consider that in the 50s it was Pharma companies that wanted to use LSD as a prescription drug, and we know that they tend to make research results appear way more promising than they might really be, regardless of what drug it is that they want to get approved.
I am convinced that LSD and psychedelics in general can have a huge therapeutic effect in some cases, and that we have promising indications, but we don't have a clear picture yet.