View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can low doses of mushrooms be recreational like weed

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
Growing mushrooms is the only way I can obtain a psychedelic. So, I was just wondering whether low doses of mushrooms would give me a nice mellow relaxing buzz like weed? I don't want to risk higher doses in case I have a bad trip.

I have used shrooms but it was so long ago and some meds I used to take have worsened my long term memory so I can't remember what it was like.

I found a low dose of shrooms were a great laugh, wasn't neccesarily 'relaxing', but fun and not too much of a head-fuck. The trouble is these drugs are always more subjective than weed and what is a low dose for some might be stronger for others. It's fairly hard to have a bad trip on a threshold dose of most psychs, but again you won't know until you try.

yeah i used about .8g to feel like bud. but i have a low tolerance. it is similar but definitley not the same. i would recommend low dose shrooms highly though. giggly and heightened senses and some euphoria like bud

It isn't the kind of thing where you can go to work or drive around like on reefer, but .5-1g can be a great night in. I suggest Mario Party on low dose shrooms.

a lot of people are against traditional psychedelics for recreational use, but i'm not one of them. i say go for it. low doses can definitely be recreational, although it's not something you can 'function normally' on, like you would be able to do with weed. however, since you are going to be growing i recommend you try a larger dose (3.5 grams, maybe) as well. you'll realize you have nothing to be afraid of.

Really depends on what strain of Mushroom your growing. Some like Mexican or even Thai can be really fun and so giggly its stupid but others like Baby Blues (hawain Blue) will leave you completely and utterly fucked.

B+ and Yangoon both grow really well in the UK and are an amazing combination ;)

When I first became interested with weed and shrooms it took me a while to figure them out. I was an everyday pot head, and became one pretty quickly. Then started eating shrooms shortly after. After a couple years of having mushroom trips here and there and smoking weed all day every day I began to eat shrooms more often. I was going at it 2 or 3 times a week. most of the trips were in low doses, and then at the end of the week I'd take a big trip. That lasted a couple months. When I first started eating them like that my thought was that being a shroomhead was pretty similar to being a pothead. But then I started to notice myself losing it so I cut the pace down and tried to clear up my head a bit.

A few more years later, at the present moment, I have figured it out a little bit better. I realize that both shrooms and weed can get me pretty high, but I think about what situations the high is best for. Weed is best for me when I have worked a long hard day, and I come home and i smoke. It is amazing and it is very relaxing. Sometimes i still oversmoke though and then I want to smoke in the morning because I feel like shit until I'm up for a few hours or until I take a couple hits.

With shrooms, eating them after work makes me feel like my work day is continuing. I'd rather eat them in the morning before I go about my day. A low dose will give me a nice mellow feeling for a good portion of the day... even when the high drops off I still feel good because the shrooms provide a wonderful kick start. Keep the dose under a gram and you should feel pretty good with little to no mind-fuck.

If you are looking for a high that is suitable for when you get outta work... weed is still the way to go... and sometimes a few beers is nice. Maybe try opiates or low doses of K. I don't really know much about those though.

Good luck figuring shit out man.

I can't say I like low doses, they're certainly not as enjoyable as most people find weed in my opinion. You just end up half tripping. Too much to do everyday things normally/comfortably but not tripping enough to find that entertaining in its own right. You just end up in between to very different points for a few hours & it doesn't make the most of either.

Wonder how much 4-aco-dmt would be approximately equivalent to ~1g of shrooms.

^ obviously your mileage will vary, and they aren't really 'equivalent' by any means...

i like 6mg of 4-AcO to give a slight enhancement to the day. comparable to around 0.8g mushrooms.

Last edited:
Wonder how much 4-aco-dmt would be approximately equivalent to ~1g of shrooms.

hmmm... about 6 - 10 mg, depending on the strain strenght of yer shrooms? iirc psilocybin cubensis has .6% - 1% of psilocin/psilocybin per gram dry weight. oh and i see shulgin lists the dose of 4-ho-dmt at 10 - 20 mg, so that sounds about right...

I very rarely take shulgin's dosages for tryptamines seriously, for the simple confusing reason that I have no idea whether he's talking about the freebase, the hydrochloride salt, or the fumarate salt. So I tend to think of 30mg of the fumarate as a 'full dose'.

I can't say I like low doses, they're certainly not as enjoyable as most people find weed in my opinion. You just end up half tripping. Too much to do everyday things normally/comfortably but not tripping enough to find that entertaining in its own right. You just end up in between to very different points for a few hours & it doesn't make the most of either.

Yea the low dose is a stimulant affect. It was said to be used by hunters and gatherers way back to sharpen vision/give energy and acute awareness.

Actually low doses are fun for hiking in nature, just make sure you "do something" that takes energy but doesn't take thinking. Taking a hike or walking doesn't take much thought and it's fun to be in nature when you do this.

Of course I don't like LOW LOW doses, I like doses that at least make me laugh and feel happy.

TOO low of a dose and you'll get bored.

Yea the low dose is a stimulant affect. It was said to be used by hunters and gatherers way back to sharpen vision/give energy and acute awareness.

Actually low doses are fun for hiking in nature, just make sure you "do something" that takes energy but doesn't take thinking. Taking a hike or walking doesn't take much thought and it's fun to be in nature when you do this.

Of course I don't like LOW LOW doses, I like doses that at least make me laugh and feel happy.

TOO low of a dose and you'll get bored.

Heh I found ~1.5g dried to be perfect for an evening of hanging out with a friend and smoking some herb later and then running around with a glowstick in nature.

im having real trouble putting this into words fith edit now and cant be arsed ill add thoughts to this thread as and when they crop up but for now..

this is what i would have considered a dose of mushrooms prior to my experiment

this now is allso to be considered a dose for me

for the last few months ive been experimenting with varying micro doses of mushrooms
i dont have scales sadly and dont have a use for them so hopefully the refrence points were helpfull
the conclusion ive come to is that at extremely low doses you get that ahh feeling and the energy at levels that aid your day to day activities,
the transformation in my life is overwhelming simple tasks like dishes are a compitition for me now to be engaged with in a spirit of play rather than toil. id stoped myself going into a downer mentality children play more than us so they grow more, as adults we loose are ability to grow due to repetitive behavior and subsequently repetitive modalities of thought.

so all though i come back to earth again, each time i do it feels like i hit the ground lighter and as if the burden is slightly relieved.

you do sitll go through a trip but one of which it would be hard for the inexperienced to perceive or rarther be aware that it is happening, just be another one of those strange days, as opposed to if you dosed someone with say 2 grams without them knowing, they'd soon be aware that something was up lol

in this trip its kind of like a 6 hour long mild coffee energy that just keeps you pushing on,
no procrastination no boredom. no eghs and sighs just total blissful absorption in whatever happens to be happening before/to you.
a body that performs flawlessly at peak capabilities regardless of the situation/ resistance (seriously try your favorite activity on this dose
go to the gym read a book do the dishes, dont recommend driving. although personally i am sitting on the fence as to if this would be a good idea or not
and most importantly a feeling of contentment that i usualy only feel towards the end of a normal trip, got to learn to give in sooner no point fighting the mushrooms.

i don't have time to edit or add any more to this allso im unable to upload the pictures for some reason but i will come back and tidy it later its big news for me, but wanted to share, since for soem reason i was unable to find much info on the concept online .

got to go have a good one.

Last edited:
What about a bad trip?

A bad trip is in the eye of the beholder. I've had trips where I was utterly terrified during it but they turned out to be some of my best trips I've ever had. Psychedelics are way more intense than weed at full dosage levels, all of my early trips had difficult periods and also euphoric, amazing periods. You just have to not succumb to the fear. I think the more of a control type of personality you are the higher the chances that you'll experience a traumatic trip... if you have trouble letting go of feeling in control, psychedelics are going to be difficult.