• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can Kadian (100 mg ER Morphine Sulphate beads) be injected INTRAMUSCULARLY into an arm or leg?

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Here's the thing - my opiate tolerance is massive. I'm on 2200 mg (yes, 2.2 grams) of extended release Kadian beads per day. Except the thing is, I very surprisingly don't seem to get much out of it at all. Even if I've missed a dose and am eventually starting to get sick, the next dose only very slowly creeps up on me to the point where I may not feel OK until the end of the day, or some 10 hours after taking it! I notice no real positive opioid-typical effects, though I sure as hell do get some of the more negative ones like constipation. I've also never sneezed since going on it a couple years ago, so the morphine is obviously there...the only way I feel a (VERY temporary and fleeting "high" as in a mini rush, is when I take a big haul on my vape. The nicotine must somehow potentiate it...has anyone else ever heard of this? It happens to me whenever I have significant opioids in my system. Anyway, back on track, so to speak...

I don't want to bother with IV; been down that road, so to speak, many times and I know it wouldn't be worth it. Too hard to find a vein, too much powder etc. So I've been wondering about IM: crushing/grinding a few hundred mg of my dose, mix with water, fill large long-tipped syringe, then inject deeply into a muscle. I would be doing this both to try getting at least some rec value out of these things and also as a way to kill W/D without having to wait all day. My biggest concern is that I've heard morphine doesn't dissolve very well with water. I don't know what the max amount I could do in a single shot would be, but if I'm doing all this prep just for a single shot of 100 mg morphine or even less? That's almost certainly never going to do anything, is it? Granted it's close to instant with IM, BUT that 100 mg shot would only represent 1/22 of my 2200 mg total dose! It just seems like it might be a waste, unless my solubility info is wrong or if there's some way around that. And yes, I would NEVER take the entire 2200 mg dose in a shot (or two, three etc.) since that would be likely suicide. With a 3 mL syringe, would I at least be able to do a 300 mg shot, or whatever the solubility is? Any thoughts, please?

Thank you all so, very much!

Morphine sulphate has a solubility in water of about 60mg per 1ml if I'm not wrong, and this makes your idea of injecting hundreds of milligrams of it unfeasible.
You cannot fit 300mg into 3ml.
It's also a very bad idea to IM pills because of the high risk of abscesses. If you have to, get micron filters at the very least. Even with those it's still riskier than IV.
To get more out of your pills I'd suggest plugging.
Snorting morphine is even worse than oral as far as bioavailability goes. Normally snorting has a better BA but not with morphine.