• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can infrequent clonazepam usage = dependence?

hazmatz

Bluelighter
I have moderate (used to be very severe) generalized anxiety and I like to take a very small dose of Clonazepam (0.25mg) twice a week (usually on days that I work, customer service job) just to get a taste of how life is supposed to be enjoyed (without anxiety)

I have found that these infrequent small dosages are actually improving my anxiety in the long run. When they kick in, I spend a lot of time being introspective and breaking down my anxiety to understand it better. Then I wake up the next day feeling pretty good and not all that anxious about everything. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks.

My concern is, will I become dependent? Or am I already? I know these benzos are junk and I will admit, I do love the drug because it makes me feel like a normal human being. But I don't want to take it forever. If I were to stop taking these small dosages, would I get rebound anxiety from it like most people do after daily usage of benzos? I feel fine on the days in between. But that could just be because clonazepam has a very long half life. Is what I'm doing an effective way of combating anxiety or are there dangers? How long can I get away with doing this?

For example:
I might take .25mg on Tuesday. I don't take any more until Saturday - another .25mg. I never dose more frequently than twice a week.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

at that dosage, you will not become physically addicted, but you can still become psychologically addicted and that's the real monster. I have been prescribed clonazepam for around 4 years now, started at 1mg/day, then just recently raised up to 2mg/ daily. I have tried to quit but its pure hell. I will just use them for life I guess.

Well isn't psychological addiction subjective? I used to take .75mg daily when I was at the peak of my mental instability...and quitting from a daily dosage like that was very hard for me as well but now I have several days between dosages and I feel fine during those days. Does that mean I'm not psychologically addicted? I don't really feel a longing for them and my anxiety doesnt feel worse when I'm not taking it.

Yeah but your taking 2mg day minimum, daily. Huge difference. .25 twice a week is next to nothing. Doesn't even have time for any half life to build up. I don't think you will have any counter anxiety and def no physical w/ds but you will probably just feel normal like how when your not on any. If .25 works for u then great, obviously it would be better taking nothing but if that little bit helps then good for u. Just don't let your dose keep rising, seems to be what happens to nearly everybody

...but you will probably just feel normal like how when your not on any. If .25 works for u then great, obviously it would be better taking nothing but if that little bit helps then good for u. Just don't let your dose keep rising, seems to be what happens to nearly everybody

Yeah, .25mg is all I need to eliminate my anxiety. I'm a thin guy and I'm quite sensitive to most drugs/medications. I know to not let my dosage increase, hopefully I don't fall victim to that process.