• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can I use fentanyl patches to reduce my benzo/lyrica tolerance?

Rachella666

Bluelighter
Ive been prescribed 50 mcg fentanyl patches and I abuse benzos and take up to 600mgs pregabalin, sometimes for the buzz I take over 1000mgs of pregabalin, I have a ridiculously high tolerance to benzos too, can I use these patches to bring down my tolerance to other drugs, as in will the fent patches stop withdrawal? Thanks! :)

Fentanyl could mask the withdrawal from benzos /pregabalin to some degree, but you will skyrock your tolerance to opioids and quitting cold turkey from benzos and pregabalin could lead to a seizure etc.

It's kind of like shooting coke all night because you are in heroin withdrawal. Incredibly stupid, as I can personally attest to. You will feel 100x worse in the morning.

The fent wont stop the benzo withdrawal by any means, but it very will will mask it. I can attest to this as well. I was in brutal xanax withdrawal and started doing oxies again because I just couldn't stand it. You will get a high, but it feels pretty shitty and just "off" overall. It's not like you will feel like going out dancing and doing cartwheels, but you will obviously feel better than just being in benzo withdrawal. Keep in mind though that you will eventually have to pay the piper.

It should decrease your tolerance to some extent, but iirc benzo tolerance takes a long time to decrease significantly, but it sure wouldn't hurt to taper.
Look up the Ashton manual, if you want to taper :)

Fentanyl is an opiod and benzos are, well, benzos. They have no interaction with one another as far as tolerance goes, except you may be able to handle a little more of the other if you are experienced with one. The only way it would bring down your tolerance is if you stayed on the fent for a while to let your benzo tolerance drop.

This is a terrible idea though as it will most likely lead to a poly addiction. That's how I got a massive xanax monkey on my back, by trying to outsmart a heroin addiction. It just doesn't happen. also, even if your tolerance does go down, it will only stay down for a few days at best. It will go back up very, very quickly.

Do not fuck with Fentanyl, ofthe many drugs to play with this is one of the most deadly many times stronger nthan morphine so mixing with benzoes [even with a tolerance] will be ridiculously dangerous..
It might mask the effects of coming to a lower dose on benzoes but it wont help at all and since it takes so long to lower doses without going into withdrawel [not fun] youll have a mighty strong opiate addiction instead. imo not a road or method you should even think about especially with these specific drugs.

Do not fuck with Fentanyl, ofthe many drugs to play with this is one of the most deadly many times stronger nthan morphine so mixing with benzoes [even with a tolerance] will be ridiculously dangerous..

I agree with this. Taking fentanyl on top of everything else you're on just sounds like you're asking for an OD. Only safe way to come off benzos is to taper. Don't use other drugs to try to mask the withdrawal.

Didn't realise fentanyl was dangerous?????

Fentanyl is really dangerous, 2mg could kill an opioid naive person.
Mixing it with other CNS depressants (alcohol, benzos etc.) will result in increased respiratory depression and can kill you easily.
Sorry, I thought you get all those meds prescribed and you knew the dangers, should've warned you earlier.

Ive a high tolerance to benzos and pregabalin, I just want to know if I can use a fent patch to wean down on benzos, I'm on the 50mcg patches, I've been on them for 3 weeks now. Dose that mean I'm addicted?

If you take the patches as prescribed and taper down, sure, but if you want to take the fentanyl exclusively to help you with withdrawal, no.
Fentanyl might mask the withdrawal to some extent, but they work on different receptors and you will skyrock your tolerance to fentanyl and opioids in general, it's not worth it.
Look up the Ashton manual, this should help you taper benzos without much pain.