• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can I still get high if I take ibuprofen with hydros?

reedgallo

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I was gonna take 2 10mg hydros tonight but I have to play a tennis match before then and I take 4 200mg ibuprofen for pain in my hand and I was wondering if the hydros would still get me high after I was done playing. I looked it up on google but couldn't find a solid response. If anyone could help me out that would great! Thanks

Yes ibuprofen is a somewhat common additive to hydrocodone actually. Its usually acetaminophen, but some pills use ibuprofen instead. It has zero affect on the high, all it does is add to the pain killing effects

Ibuprofen works as an analgesic so it's used to relieve pain. If anything, using it in combination with the hydrocodone will produce better pain relieving effects, but as said above it won't affect the high.

Ibuprofen is hard on the stomach. This fact especially needs to kept in mind when mixing it with narcotics, which are used to causing both central (brain mediated) and mechanically mediated nausea and vomiting.

I've been on high dose Ibuprofen therapy for many years for arthritis for years. Never bothered me until I took a Vicoprofen (hydrocodone + ibuprofen) and vomited like mad for 2 days straight.

The good news is that several anti-nausea meds, taken 1/2 hour before you take the narcotics, go a long way to stopping the puking