• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can I make tincture from Rick Simpson Oil?

Schizo5150

Greenlighter
I've been using medical cannabis for a few years now and I've been wondering if I could make a tincture out of Phoenix Tears aka Rick Simpson Oil and grain alcohol since the RSO has already been decarboxilated. I would just like to be able to get the relief from from RSO in a quicker delivery system if possible. Thanks you for any input.

sure.

I recently took some oil, put it in the oven at 250 to liquify and decarb (wait till zero bubbles) then put in some coconut oil, and mixed it. let it cool. ez

could you theoretically just dissolve a bit of rick simpson oil in high proof alcohol? i was thinking of this the other day, not sure if it would work.

^you could absolutely do that.

No need to add heat at all since RSO is already decarbed.

Just mix into MCT oil. You could also use olive, avocado, sesame, or coconut oil; MCT is just already liquid and is an excellent carrier.

could you theoretically just dissolve a bit of rick simpson oil in high proof alcohol? i was thinking of this the other day, not sure if it would work.

This works. I have a whole cabinet of concentrated hash oil / ethanol tinctures. It dissolves best when you use 190 proof.

I'll have to try it out. Funny I never thought of something so simple, I always wanted to make an alcohol tincture but simply soaking the bud in alcohol you can't get it strong enough for me.

Do you notice if the absorption is faster than just taking plain RSO?

Hash oil / alcohol tinctures kick in a little faster than eating the oil directly. The good thing about making tinctures this way is that you can make them as strong as you want. I made green dragon (bud / trim soaked in alcohol) for years. I quit doing that when I discovered hash oil tinctures. This is just a better way to do it.

So of it wanted to use coconut oil mixed with the Phoenix Tears, aka RSO, to make a tincture, do I just heat it to a liquid before I use it each time? Or do I just use the more pasty version since I'm just putting it in my gums between my lips and teeth and also under my tongue. I would just like to find a way to get the RSO to kick in quicker. Plus if anyone has any ideas I'm more than happy to hear them. Thanks for the help

So of it wanted to use coconut oil mixed with the Phoenix Tears, aka RSO, to make a tincture, do I just heat it to a liquid before I use it each time? Or do I just use the more pasty version since I'm just putting it in my gums between my lips and teeth and also under my tongue. I would just like to find a way to get the RSO to kick in quicker. Plus if anyone has any ideas I'm more than happy to hear them. Thanks for the help
I eat a teaspoon of coconut oil mixed with hash oil. I just put it in my mouth and swallow, although sometimes I let it melt and swallow. Kicks in about 45 minutes later on an empty stomach.

There isn't a way to really get it to hit you faster :(

:\ I checked the BL search engine before asking similar question. Forgive me, as I don't wish to hijack your thread.

I have RSO Cannatonic 1/2 gram syringe. Placing rice grain size on my tongue for now makes me too goofy.

I think the weaker oil drops under my tongue are more "manageable".

Is it possible (or wise) to dilute the RSO with oil/or glycerin to make into "dropper doses"? I want a thinner, less potent liquid that I can squirt under my tongue.

Last edited:
I eat a teaspoon of coconut oil mixed with hash oil. I just put it in my mouth and swallow, although sometimes I let it melt and swallow. Kicks in about 45 minutes later on an empty stomach.

There isn't a way to really get it to hit you faster :(

assclass knows his shit.

:X Sorry, couldn't get edit to work for me.

IF the RSO can be diluted, what would be the ratio for 1/2 gram RSO in syringe?

Last edited:
A tincture in terms of cannabis is cannabinoids dissolved typically in alcohol.

But I prefer coconut oil to ethanol IMO.

8) Can someone answer my question (posts 10/12) or do I need to start my own thread?

Thanks!

8) Can someone answer my question (posts 10/12) or do I need to start my own thread?

Thanks!

Dissolve it into coconut oil or alcohol so you can accurately dose. It will make it possible for you to dilute your RSO and create your desired product so you can get smaller, less potent doses.

Have you looked into CBD's? They do not get you "high" but work wonderfully for nerve pain, inflammation and anxiety...