• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Can I get precipitated withdrawal from taking Suboxone after taking just one Oxy?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
I've been on Suboxone for... months now. Came across an old Oxy pill a few days ago. I was in pain last night so I took the Oxy even though I had taken Suboxone earlier that morning. I don't think I got the full effect of the Oxy, but I still felt pretty good. I took it at about 11pm last night, and it's 12pm now. Since it's the Suboxone my body is actually addicted to and not the Oxy, can I take my Suboxone yet? Or will I still risk withdrawals?

You should be fine. But to be sure....Just take half your dose and if fine, take the other half an hour later.

The best advice anybody can give you is to induct with .5-1mg and wait 30 minutes before ingesting another 1mg. If you do go into PWD, 1mg is better than say 4-8mg. Most people advise to dose 1mg every 30-60 minutes until it starts to make you feel normal. This is the best way to avoid PWD.

If you take your whole dose without being completely sure, it could really ruin your day. I know from experience. I was hooked on fentanyl analogues for about 2 weeks. When I ran out of it, I was getting sick only 4 hours after last dose. So when it ran out I tried to hold out as long as possible before taking a sub. Well by the 14th hour I couldn't wait any longer, I figured it had been long enough, I felt like complete shit but I ended up IVing 8mg bupe and god let me tell you, it was a nightmare! Totally indescribable. Anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks, my skin felt prickly and had cold sweats, my stomach cramped up, and my chest got really tight to where I could barely breath. I was like a fish out of water gasping for a full breath. Also my vision got staticy and wobbly. Opiates make us feel good and fuzzy. Imagine what the exact opposite of that wonderful feeling is, and that is what it's like. It's pure anti-mu receptor hell.

So other than that nobody can tell you when you will be ready because everyone is different, we all have different body chemistry that affects metabolism. Some people metabolize more quickly and others more slowly. Even if you are in the same situation as someone else, the results may vary greatly because of the factors I just mentioned.

Try looking here:

https://www.mdcalc.com/cows-score-opiate-withdrawal

And here:

https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

Like I said inducting with 1mg rather than 4mg like the COWS guide recommends, is probably safer. If you search this site you will find heaps of info on this subject specifically. I feel like it's one of the most popular and over asked questions in OD.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your maintenance!