• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can i evaporate anything to make any concentration i want?

morphineoxysbenzos

Bluelighter
If i extract morphine or codeine out of a pill and into a solution of water can i make the dosage really strong just by heating the water up? Or will it lose too many alkaloids? I really would like to be able to concentrate it down enough to do a sublingual.

Could the same be done with alcohol? just extract something with alcohol and then let it sit until it turns into a fine powder? Or can you just use less water? Never really messed with syringes and filtering or any of that before.

Yes this will work. Low temperature oven is fine for water/opioids. Even a stove on very low. Don't try to put alcohol on the stove though.

Yes this will work. Low temperature oven is fine for water/opioids. Even a stove on very low. Don't try to put alcohol on the stove though.
Alcohol on the stove is fine if you use a double boiler setup. That way the temperature of the alcohol (and the product) never goes above the boiling point of water.

I have even done this with ether (which has a much lower flash point). It's best to do this with an electric stove so there is no open flame to ignite the vapors of evaporating solvents.

The double boiler is the fastest way I've found to remove solvents without a vacuum chamber.

Last edited:
Alcohol on the stove is fine if you use a double boiler setup. That way the temperature of the alcohol (and the product) never goes above the boiling point of water.

I have even done this with ether (which has a much lower flash point). It's best to do this with an electric stove so there is no open flame to ignite the vapors of evaporating solvents.

The double boiler is the fastest way I've found to remove solvents.
The double boiler works good with alcohol only? Do you use everclear or something really pure?

The double boiler works good with alcohol only? Do you use everclear or something really pure?
Usually methanol (heet) or really high percentage isopropyl since they are so much cheaper and easy to get. Denatured ethanol is really cheap too, but a little harder to find.

Everclear is really expensive with all the liquor taxes and whatnot.

I would not recommend using any kind of alcohol for sublingual, though. Not only would it taste horrible most of the alcohols I recommended are not considered safe for oral consumption.

The double boiler is good for getting virtually dry crystals. There maybe some residual moisture in the resulting crystals due to water vapors from the boiling water. I've never bothered before but if you have a decent desiccant you can remove the moisture if necessary, or put it in the oven for awhile if you require absolute dryness.