• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can hep c be transmitted saliva to nasal?

Relapz

Bluelighter
Wasn't sure on where to post this.

I was in detox and my roommate gave me some of his subutex that hadn't dissolved from under his tongue and I snorted it.

I hate to be paranoid and google says the answer is mainly no but it's kinda fucking with me.

It's unlikely unless your roommate had a bleeding sore in their mouth and you have an open sore in your nose, or you shared a contaminated straw or something. Saliva in general doesn't transmit hep C, however, that's a different story if there's blood involved. Also, just some extra info- hep C lives at room temp on surfaces for a much longer time than most viruses, we're talking several days. So allowing the sub to dry before snorting it wouldn't make much of a difference.
Either way, if you're still super worried get tested in 3-6 months.

you should be fine. hep c is contracted from blood to blood contact. sometimes sex but thats rare. unless his mouth was bleeding you should be fine.

you should be fine. hep c is contracted from blood to blood contact. sometimes sex but thats rare. unless his mouth was bleeding you should be fine.

Exactly. I contracted hep c at age 20 and "cured it" through interferon/ribavirin treatment of 45 weeks. Hep c is contracted ONLY via blood to blood contact, it is NOT an STD and you can not contract it through any other bodily fluids unless its a situation where both people are bleeding. This is a fact.