• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can having sex the night before a UA

My3sons

Bluelighter
Can having sex with a person that isnt clean cause another person to fail a UA. For instance being the female and having sex the night before with your partner in bed and then getting up the next am and taking a UA. Is it possible for the semen to leak down and mix in with the urine causing the sample to become tainted? After sex if you arent up and walking around sometimes it just kind if sits up there until you are up and about. So its odd that it would come down and out and mix with urine the next am. All i know is I was clean and passed my home tests, the clinic test but failed the lab test. I am the one who asked for the tests. I would not do that if i weren't ! I just dont understand. How could I pass my test and the clinics test but fail the lab test? The only thing i can think of is trace amounts from my partner the night before that was so light it wasnt detectable on OTC tests.

The difference between a lab test and a standard home one is the fact they can get the mg/ml or whatever they test it by, I know its way smaller then that but thats just my example.

So when you take a home test the standard cut off for cannabis, as an example, can be 30mg/ml but the lab test will fail you for the federal cut off 15mg/ml. They can also determine what was present in the body by metabolite as oppose to just "morphine based opiate" as another example.

My guess is the cut off for the home test is way higher then the cut off at a lab and even then they can detect below the federally recognized cut off they just cant report it as a fail. I know that because I was asked on probation why I registered for weed but didnt fail but it was present in my body, to which i replied with "wait how can i fail a drug test for weed but pass the drug test for weed?" I would request the results and see what they found and compare it to what you know about your own use to see if it makes sense that is if you can get the results.

Given the nature of this question and the appropriate wording I will leave it open as I am not a female and its not really a testing question, I mean it is but not like any of the ones I have encountered here before.

what home test did you take?
and what exactly did you test positive for during the clinic test?

I had opiate dip sticks and the clinic had the panel dip sticks and i passed both but apparently the urine that got sent to the lab failed. It was mine! Lol and i really hadnt done anything in awhile so dont know how it failed. They didnt say what it failed for.

I believe drugs can be passed into semen like other bodily fluids. It would make sense if they show up in urine, blood, and saliva. Given the scenario you presented, (didn't bathe or douche?) perhaps semen was still present in your vagina when you urinated the next morning. It's a longshot, but I'm guessing it might be possible. If your partner is taking drugs, I would use a condom when you know you have a test coming up.

To tell you the truth i dont remember if i showered it was over a month ago but the clinic just told me about it. I would think if this was possible it would be common knowledge like poppyseed bagels! It just doesn't make any sense to me unless someone is lying somewhere! The only other option I thought of is failing for seroquil. When i first got clean before i stabalized i was taking half a seroquil at night to knock myself out. I was getting antsy and my dose wasnt right yet so i took that to protect myself from myself! If i was sleeping i couldn't mess up! I dont take it anymore bc i am stabalized now. Seroquil isnt supposed to show up as anything they test for though so i didn't worry about it. As far as the boyfriend he is "supposed" to stop and is running out of time if he doesn't. I dont get the cravings I used to but still occasionally get a few and once again have to protect Myself! If he continues to make it harder for me he's gots to go! I dont want to do that but will before relapsing.

I couldn't imagine drugs in semen giving a false UA. Maybe get partner to use a condom? Or try anal? Lol