• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives Can DXM be potentiated by sodium bicarbonate?

da.curious.monkee

Greenlighter
Before I jump in, I'd like to apologize ahead of time if I'm asking a stupid question.

Lately, I've been researching potentiators for Adderall, and about the neurotransmitters involved when taking DXM (Dextromethorphan), and I found some info suggesting that sodium bicarbonate can boost Adderall's effects. I know DXM and Adderall come from different drug families, but DXM has been shown to lower tolerance to amphetamines. I'm not sure how DXM behaves in the bloodstream, but would it be possible for sodium bicarbonate to have any effect on the efficacy and strength of DXM?

Edit: To clarify, I know not to mix the two substances. I'm just making an inference based on previous forums/articles I read that claim that Adderall and DXM are loosely similar to one another (their stimulant effects being similar, along with DXM's supposed release of dopamine).

Last edited:
This is kinda off topic but can dxm work as tolarencs killer for opiates? Or does it just enchance them like weed or benzos?

This is kinda off topic but can dxm work as tolarencs killer for opiates? Or does it just enchance them like weed or benzos?
I've mixed DXM with almost everything, but I do know that DXM does not lower opiate tolerance. It's been debated, but to my knowledge DXM only prevents or slows down the formation of opiate tolerance. If your tolerance is already quite high, try taking a break (easier said than done, I know).