• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can doing lsd with a heart problem kill me?

dom0716

Greenlighter
Can acid kill me?

I have a heart condition called tricuspid atresia and i don t know if can interfere with an acid trip. So I've done L over 15 times and I've been okay but the last time i got what i believe to an NBOME after having it sold to me as real L. I ended up in the er because i thought i was going to die, my heart was beating so fast i thought it would stop. I later found out that what i took was a mix of heroin ecstasy and amphetamines. Also The doctor told me if i tried taking acid again that it would kill me because of the heart problem, i saw her saying that as a scare tatic. I think i just had an anxiety attack, im not sure honestly. I just kept thinking "this is it, im gonna die if i shut my eyes or fall asleep" and im experienced with this drug and I ve never had a more terrifying experience in all of my time doing L. Ive given myself a few months break, i would like to do acid again but i don t know if i would really die or not. I say this because i know that it can t directly kill you but is there a way that it can kill me? Please help. And thank you for reading :)

This is something you should be asking a cardiologist, or medical professional. It may be that the doctor who you spoke to just has your best interest in mind, as your doctor.

Good luck, and stay safe.

No way herion, ecstacy, and amphetamines(not sure if you mean amphetamine, or multiple amph drugs here) could he passed off as acid. What did you take it on? If it was blotter none of that could fot on a blotter, at least enough to feel it. If you did get thise drugs you should have knowm it wasn't acid by looking at it as the only way to put allthose drigs together would be in a pressed or gel cap niether of which carriers for lsd. If it was on blotter sounds like Nbome or a DOx but no one could tell you fersure. I think real lsd wouldn't he too hard on your heart but you are asking for trouble taking untested tabs as nbome/DOx has been known to cause cardiac issues with people with healthy hearts. If you can't get a test kit you shouldn't be doing these drugs, because with a condition like that not testing is really irresposible and could not only cause you immediate harm, but could effect the community as a whole.

This is something you should be asking a cardiologist, or medical professional. It may be that the doctor who you spoke to just has your best interest in mind, as your doctor.

Good luck, and stay safe.

Exactly...remember, doctors are VERY unlikely to say "no you shouldn't" simply because of their own moral agenda. Ask a doctor.

Peace :)

Exactly...remember, doctors are VERY unlikely to say "no you shouldn't" simply because of their own moral agenda. Ask a doctor.

Peace :)

bullshit. i dont know one doctor who would be like "oh lsd has a good safety profile", they are often narrow minded know it all's. same with non progressive attitudes to mental illness and the stigma they attach to any requests from a patient with any history of psychiatric illness at any point in their life "oh she doesn't need a laxative she's crazy".

OP if you have this heart condition and you dont know what you are getting stop taking these drugs.

bullshit. i dont know one doctor who would be like "oh lsd has a good safety profile", they are often narrow minded know it all's. same with non progressive attitudes to mental illness and the stigma they attach to any requests from a patient with any history of psychiatric illness at any point in their life "oh she doesn't need a laxative she's crazy".

OP if you have this heart condition and you dont know what you are getting stop taking these drugs.

I have two GP's, two psychiatrists and a psychologist. NONE of them would give me anything but a straight answer. I used to be able to ring my shrink when i was on parole and ask him how to heighten the odds of beating my court-ordered UT's. I've had osteomylitas and the doc recommended shooting my illegally gotten morphine IM while I was on the IV-infusion antibiotic. Doc's here in Australia and very real-world and non-judgmental....as a health professional should be. So don't accuse me of speaking "bullshit". I speak from experience.

I'm guessing you live in the United States of Draconian Drug Attitudes...

Last edited:
They said the signs i was displaying were most similar to that combo of drugs. I couldn't believe i did that entire mix either. My whole body went numb, i got the chills, then i was hot, then i was freezing cold and scorching hot at the same time. It was scary but i think it was an NBOME

Yeah NBOMe compounds can cause those body temperature differences that are reminiscent of MDMA (ecstasy), the numbing effect is also not abnormal for NBOMe's although usually locally.. heroin or other opioids are known for their numbing effect. And yes NBOMe compounds are stimulating. Apparently they didn't bother to do an actual drug test and made assumptions based on what the 'classic' drugs they have seen countless times present like.

Seems pretty hard to consume active doses of all those 3 drugs without really noticing (none of them fit on a blotter), trace quantities at the most.

Anyway we are not here to ID what you actually took, its not allowed on the forum..

About your doctor's advice, definitely not all doctors are the same, in their judgment or where they draw the line. It's not as black & white as: you will surely die if you take any drug that can increase heartrate, the questions is more: what are your odds like and is that acceptable.

I don't even think it's a moral anti-drug agenda for a doctor to think that the reasons for tripping rarely if ever warrant significant health risks. And since most people have no clue about health and medicine, I believe a lot of doctors don't take a patient seriously 'just to be sure' and make that kind of decision for them, if potentially the alternative is that despite an ER visit people would drug-abuse themselves to death moments later.
Also, I imagine that if you take drugs that turn out different ones that can be dangerous, especially with heart illness, the doc may mean taking "LSD" could kill you rather than taking LSD. I after your visit to the ER I wouldn't want to be the doctor to have said it's okay for you to do something like that again, I would hardly care that it would be interpreted as actual LSD being more dangerous than it is.

This was worded better than I mightve:

asante said:
Dr Stanislav Grof in his book LSD PSYCHOTHERAPY is clear that people with cardiovascular problems ought not to ingest LSD.
Period.

This is not as much due to specific action, but LSD (and mushrooms) often involve extreme emotions and these are associated with all sorts of unwanted cardiovascular effects: blood pressure fluctuations, rapid heartbeats and massive adrenalin release.
It somewhat elevates resting heart rate but the risk is entirely trivial compared to the bodily effects of the intense emotions LSD brings about. So it is an indirect effect, but a very real one.

That said, many people do trip with health problems incl heart problems although there are many different kinds - maybe not all equally sensitive to exertion or changes in blood flow... in some cases risks may be elevated, and people sometimes accept those risks, not even knowing exactly what they are like.

I'd say that if I were you before I would ever think of tripping again, I would first:
- want to live sober for a while, taking an account of how naturally elevated heart rate from exercise etc affects you, how much you can take more or less and at what point you get the first signs of trouble and what this means for even greater exertion. That also includes things like having sudden scares with big heart spikes. Probably don't seek that out if your heart illness is serious, but notice what happens if it just does.
- want to drug test every drug I'd take and avoid all that have too big cardiovascular effects.

Get your doctor / cardiologist to explain to you in what condition your heart is actually in, and how much exertion you must avoid. Then maybe at some point you could try translating that to what drugs are fine or a no-no or best to avoid to be sure.

None of us here can tell you what to do, and whether you take this seriously on a scale of 1 to 10... but don't get yourself into any trouble until you know more about how 'clear the coast is'. It's one thing to trip again if the super tiny chance that you have a major cardiac event doubles from 0.001% to 0.002% (just making this up), but quite another if it's more like that movie Speed where your heart blows up if it goes over 100.

Last edited:
They said the signs i was displaying were most similar to that combo of drugs. I couldn't believe i did that entire mix either. My whole body went numb, i got the chills, then i was hot, then i was freezing cold and scorching hot at the same time. It was scary but i think it was an NBOME
just because "they" said that doesn't mean anything. If they told you that they are horribly misinformed. Did they do a toxicology test that came back with those specific drugs? If not, I see no reason to believe thats what you took. What did what you took look like?

What scares me the most is how inept our medical sytem is at dealing with these substances. When something gets so widespread and causes so much harm you would like to hope the medical community would try to get well informed on it. I just feel like this is borderline neglect of the system and is truly dangerous.

just because "they" said that doesn't mean anything. If they told you that they are horribly misinformed. Did they do a toxicology test that came back with those specific drugs? If not, I see no reason to believe thats what you took. What did what you took look like?

It was a decorated piece of blotter paper. Every tab of real L ive took was on a clear white tab about the size of your pinky nail. Almost all decorated tabs i have seen were given to people as real L but was actually fake, its also larger in size thab the white tabs i previously referred to.

Yeah NBOMe compounds can cause those body temperature differences that are
reminiscent of MDMA (ecstasy), the numbing effect is also not abnormal for NBOMe's although usually locally.. heroin or

other opioids are known for their numbing effect. And yes NBOMe compounds are stimulating. Apparently they didn't bother to do an actual drug test and made assumptions based on what the 'classic' drugs they have seen countless times present like.

Seems pretty hard to consume active doses of all those 3 drugs without really noticing (none of them fit on a blotter), trace quantities at the most.

Anyway we are not here to ID what you actually took, its not allowed on the forum..

About your doctor's advice, definitely not all doctors are the same, in their judgment or where they draw the line. It's not as black & white as: you will surely die if you take any drug that can increase heartrate, the questions is more: what are your odds like and is that acceptable.

I don't even think it's a moral anti-drug agenda for a doctor to think that the reasons for tripping rarely if ever warrant significant health risks. And since most people have no clue about health and medicine, I believe a lot of doctors don't take a patient seriously 'just to be sure' and make that kind of decision for them, if potentially the alternative is that despite an ER visit people would drug-abuse themselves to death moments later.
Also, I imagine that if you take drugs that turn out different ones that can be dangerous, especially with heart illness, the doc may mean taking "LSD" could kill you rather than taking LSD. I after your visit to the ER I wouldn't want to be the doctor to have said it's okay for you to do something like that again, I would hardly care that it would be interpreted as actual LSD being more dangerous than it is.

This was worded better than I mightve:

That said, many people do trip with health problems incl heart problems although there are many different kinds - maybe not all equally sensitive to exertion or changes in blood flow... in some cases risks may be elevated, and people sometimes accept those risks, not even knowing exactly what they are like.

I'd say that if I were you before I would ever think of tripping again, I would first:
- want to live sober for a while, taking an account of how naturally elevated heart rate from exercise etc affects you, how much you can take more or less and at what point you get the first signs of trouble and what this means for even greater exertion. That also includes things like having sudden scares with big heart spikes. Probably don't seek that out if your heart illness is serious, but notice what happens if it just does.
- want to drug test every drug I'd take and avoid all that have too big cardiovascular effects.

Get your doctor / cardiologist to explain to you in what condition your heart is actually in, and how much exertion you must avoid. Then maybe at some point you could try translating that to what drugs are fine or a no-no or best to avoid to be sure.

None of us here can tell you what to do, and whether you take this seriously on a scale of 1 to 10... but don't get yourself into any trouble until you know more about how 'clear the coast is'. It's one thing to trip again if the super tiny chance that you have a major cardiac event doubles from 0.001% to 0.002% (just making this up), but quite another if it's more like that movie Speed where your heart blows up if it goes over 100.

Thank you so much for replying to my question. I've been on this so called "break" since late August now and im beginning to think about tripping again and i will definitely take this info into consideration

Sure..

It may turn out that it's overreacting, you've reached this age and apparently problems with exertion have never made you have a cardiologist check you yet.. but then again you did have an ER visit and it's nothing to gamble casually on.

So be patient, stay extra careful compared to usual, and get educated so you know roughly where you are when trying to stay on the safe side.

I feel that I get quite stimulated on LSD so I think that its probably not the best idea with a heart condition