• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Can Doctors lie that they keep the body alive?

learn

Greenlighter
Hi all,

I have a question that I couldn't find an answer for a long time.
My father passed away for almost a year now. I believe that the hospital that treated him not properly. He had an surgery int stomach, and because he had diabetes, he had complications and he was in coma for more than ten days.
Since he went in coma, I started to have my doubts in doctors, since they were acting strange and not informing me properly.
The fourth day I went to a visit, and they inform us that (he had a heart attack at 17:00 h a day before) and they had to put him pacemaker. and that he is now much better.
After 2 or 3 days they said that they need to open the wound from the stomach surgery, because they said they believed that there was an infection. They did and there was no infection.
Next they asked to do a special kind of dialysis, which takes 72 hours. They did that.
Only a day after a day hey said that they need to do another dialysis.
This is when my doubts got stronger. The doctor was not answering my questions, by saying that he is not there at the hospital.
They last day, they came with the request that they need to open a hole in his throat, and to replace his tube from his mouth.
I was thinking to change the hospital, and send him in another hospital, and I asked them to send him in that condition. They said that they will give me an answer shortly.
After maybe 30 min, they called me letting me know that my father has passed away.

My doubts are, that my father has passed away maybe a week earlier (since he had that so called heart attack), and they were keeping him in machines just because of the financial issues, to get as much as they could.
Can somebody let me know if, recent technology can do this, pretend that somebody is alive and in reality he is already dead.

Thank you in advance,

Yeah, a person could be dead but kept alive by the ventilator. My friend was shit by a semi on the interstate. It killed his girlfriend and made him brain dead. They put him on ventilators for 3 days. They kept him alive until his familey all came.

All humans lie.

Doctors are human.

Therefore doctors lie.
This^ Also, when doctors lie, they usually do so in a way which makes it near impossible to prove they were flat out lying in the strict sense of the term.