• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can depression medicine ruin any chance of recovery?

grove12345

Greenlighter
Ive been cutting down rolling to about half a pill every week or two over the past few months. I use it just for energy so I dont pass out. But the next day I feel horrible still. And recovery is getting harder over the past few months. When i first started i could party 5 times a week, now 1 is too much. I pretty much stopped taking mol and went to see a doctor for depression because 6/7 of the days I didnt want to get out of bed.

Basically my question is are all these anti depressants (ive been through like 5 and none of them help) plus adderall affecting my serotonin and dopamine in a negative way. Like they wont have a chance of recovering if I keep taking these meds?

You should stop taking drugs and worry about your brain. Your abusing a wonderful chemical.

Ive been cutting down rolling to about half a pill every week or two over the past few months. I use it just for energy so I dont pass out. But the next day I feel horrible still. And recovery is getting harder over the past few months. When i first started i could party 5 times a week, now 1 is too much. I pretty much stopped taking mol and went to see a doctor for depression because 6/7 of the days I didnt want to get out of bed.

Basically my question is are all these anti depressants (ive been through like 5 and none of them help) plus adderall affecting my serotonin and dopamine in a negative way. Like they wont have a chance of recovering if I keep taking these meds?

That's cutting down ? MDMA doesn't work to provide energy in the way you expect it. I assume your gear is untested.

That being said, it's normal you can't keep up with 5 times a week.
And who knows how antidpressants *really* work ? Definetly cut out the non-prescribed drugs, IMO. Or read up on neuropharmacology.

That's cutting down ? MDMA doesn't work to provide energy in the way you expect it. I assume your gear is untested.

That being said, it's normal you can't keep up with 5 times a week.
And who knows how antidpressants *really* work ? Definetly cut out the non-prescribed drugs, IMO. Or read up on neuropharmacology.

Oh im cutting out non prescribed drugs. Just wondering if taking prescribed only drugs (strattera, lamoitrigine, venlaflaxine, adderral) is just as bad? I mean side effects of stopping some of these drugs if you dont take them daily is you get depressed. Sounds just as bad as these street drugs.

Personally I would stop everything cold turkey. I have no idea whether this is good advice or not, but realize that you need to give your brain time to recover.

Personally I would stop everything cold turkey. I have no idea whether this is good advice or not, but realize that you need to give your brain time to recover.

This is horrible advice. You can't stop an anti-epileptic drug like lamotrigine cold turkey. It can cause seizures in people who aren't even taking it for seizures. Venlafaxine withdrawals are about the nastiest antidepressant withdrawals too. Never stop a drug without working with a doctor.

As far as medicine ruining recovery, it can go either way. For some it is a miracle, for others it makes things much worse. I'm in the latter category unfortunately.

if you need energy drink a cup of coffee, MDMA isn't a drug to take regurarly to keep you awake, it's just asking for trouble (furthermore, i didn't find my MDMA experiences to be that much stimulating but i have to admit i didn't test my gear)

This is actually the best advice.

C'mon guys, this is not safe practice. Many of these drugs have nasty withdrawal effects when you become habituated with them.

If you want to stop taking the prescription drugs then listen to this advice --->
Don't stop taking medicines without talking to your doctor.

Regarding the original question, depression medicine probably can ruin your chance of recovery if you believe that it will. Ever heard of the nocebo effect? It's basically the opposite to a placebo - you take a drug and experience negative effects because you're expecting negative effects. A nocebo is usually with an inert chemical though, like swallowing a sugar capsule and feeling like it's causing you anxiety. Of course medications aren't inert, instead psychoactive.

SSRI's could offer a temporary relief from symptoms, from which you can then psychologically recover and then slowly come off them. As a long-term option (6+ months), I'm not convinced by them. Then again, I still can't see why they would completely stop a recovery unless you thought they were. Of which then the best idea would be to search for alternative methods of therapy. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or something cognitive is a potential option without the risk of side-effects.

well luckily i havent been on meds for that long as I didnt find them to be very useful. I think my depression can be that Im a honor graduate student with an IT degree and no job. But given my depression (whether chemical or situational) I find it hard to function at all without stimuli. And seems adderall is my best anti depressant thus far. I get that get up and go and socialize feeling. Crash at the end of the day isnt bad at all. But I found if i dont take it, I dont feel like doing anything AT ALL. No gym, no dates,no sex, no family time, I just want to lay in bed. Not sure if thats the result of situation im in or the chemicals in my brain