• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can Crystal Meth (no powder) be cut?

Quasimodo_

Bluelighter
Was wondering if meth can be cut and stay in crystal form or does it mean it hasn't been cut as long as there isn't any powder?
Meth price have increased where I live but also it's been getting a lot weaker and was wondering if they've started cutting, it since there is a shortage or is it just bad meth?

Short answer yes. There are substances like MSM that closely resemble meth in crystal/rock/shard form. But they taste like shit and it’s obvious if you put a pure piece of one in your bowl and try and smoke it.

A bigger problem is ‘re-rocking’ where the meth is liquified together with the cutting agent and then allowed to solidify in a necut substance that looks like crystals/rocks/shards.

A regaent test will still test positive for meth on a re-rocked shard and depending on the proportion of cut in it and how hard you cook it the taste can be tolerable.

An acetone wash of the finely crushed rocks will solve this with the most common cuts. You can see just how much cut there was by how much total weight you lose in the wash. In Australia I’ve seen it up to 20 % but re-rocking not that common here.

Short answer yes. There are substances like MSM that closely resemble meth in crystal/rock/shard form. But they taste like shit and it’s obvious if you put a pure piece of one in your bowl and try and smoke it.

A bigger problem is ‘re-rocking’ where the meth is liquified together with the cutting agent and then allowed to solidify in a necut substance that looks like crystals/rocks/shards.

A regaent test will still test positive for meth on a re-rocked shard and depending on the proportion of cut in it and how hard you cook it the taste can be tolerable.

An acetone wash of the finely crushed rocks will solve this with the most common cuts. You can see just how much cut there was by how much total weight you lose in the wash. In Australia I’ve seen it up to 20 % but re-rocking not that common here.
Could you tell me more about the acetone wash and how to do it?

Most meth is not pure. Even here in Canada where the average hangs around 90% or more Ive had the odd batch thats a little weird. Hits wrong and drives me crazier faster The trick here is to learn to purify.

anhydrous (pure, no water) acetone is what you want. A small soak in that, and evaporate until completely dry. The cuts such as any MSM are soluble in acetone while meth is not. It will be much better afterward. If you get truly anhydrous acetone, no matter how much or little is leftover, thats what you got anyway. Anhydrous Its at most hardware stores. If you cant get anhydrous, you want the absolute highest % possible. The more water is in there, the more meth you will lose. 99.5% is already a pretty serious loss. Dont bother with nail polish remover. Its not good enough.

some of the least pure meth (probably <10% pure) I've ever had was in very large, clear, pure looking meth crystals... it can be very deceptive

It's not difficult to hide it inside of other chemicals which create clear crystals

Um sure. We don’t usually reply to people here with ‘use the search engine’ but there are a few good threads on it. I’ll give you the condensed version cause I’m a bit tied up at the moment.

What @Outlier says is correct. You need to work with ‘anhydrous acetone’. Google ‘drying solvents’ for videos on how to make it yourself using hardware store acetone and epsom salts baked in your oven.

1. finely crush your meth. Don’t do more than a gram or two your first time until you are confident.

2. place your meth powder in a shot glass (must use glass) and cover with acetone. Fill to 3/4 volume of shot glass.

3. Stir briskly. Best to use a glass rod but a spoon is ok. Stir for 3-5 minutes crushing the meth further against side of shot glass with your stirrer.

4. Put an unbleached coffee filter in a the top of another fairly large glass. While still stirring tip the meth/acetone out of the shot glass into the filter.

5. Rinse the shot glass with a bit more acetone and pour into the filter. Another 2/3 of a glassful is about right. Scrape out any meth remaining into the filter.

6. Let the acetone run through the filter. It is full of dissolved cut and nasty manufacturing impurities and residues. The white powder left behind in the filter is your purified meth plus any insoluble cuts (which are not that common really).

7. Fold over / seal the top of the filter and hold and shake in front of a fan or hairdryer for 5-10 minutes to evaporate off the remaining acetone. You can also put the filter in a warm oven 80 degres celcius or therabouts for 10 minutes or just in the sun. When you can no longer smell acetone it’s ready to be consumed. But I usually leave it drying another 10 minutes or so unless I am totally fiending.

Your clean meth should be stronger, taste better and sweeter but will probably still leave a small amount of white residue in the bowl each time you finish one. Clean off with a damp Q-tip.

All up 15-20 minutes start to finish if you already have the anhdrous acetone. You can make up a fair bit of anhydrous acetone and store it in an airtight mason jar to save time next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um sure. We don’t usually reply to people here with ‘use the search engine’ but there are a few good threads on it. I’ll give you the condensed version cause I’m a bit tied up at the moment.

What @Outlier says is correct. You need to work with ‘anhydrous acetone’. Google ‘drying solvents’ for videos on how to make it yourself using hardware store acetone and epsom salts baked in your oven.

1. finely crush your meth. Don’t do more than a gram or two your first time until you are confident.

2. place your meth powder in a shot glass (must use glass) and cover with acetone. Fill to 3/4 volume of shot glass.

3. Stir briskly. Best to use a glass rod but a spoon is ok. Stir for 3-5 minutes crushing the meth further against side of shot glass with your stirrer.

4. Put an unbleached coffee filter in a the top of another fairly large glass. While still stirring tip the meth/acetone out of the shot glass into the filter.

5. Rinse the shot glass with a bit more acetone and pour into the filter. Another 2/3 of a glassful is about right. Scrape out any meth remaining into the filter.

6. Let the acetone run through the filter. It is full of dissolved cut and nasty manufacturing impurities and residues. The white powder left behind in the filter is your purified meth plus any insoluble cuts (which are not that common really).

7. Fold over / seal the top of the filter and hold and shake in front of a fan or hairdryer for 5-10 minutes to evaporate off the remaining acetone. You can also put the filter in a warm oven 80 degres celcius or therabouts for 10 minutes or just in the sun. When you can no longer smell acetone it’s ready to be consumed. But I usually leave it drying another 10 minutes or so unless I am totally fiending.

Your clean meth should be stronger, taste better and sweeter but will probably still leave a small amount of white residue in the bowl each time you finish one. Clean off with a damp Q-tip.

All up 15-20 minutes start to finish if you already have the anhdrous acetone. You can make up a fair bit of anhydrous acetone and store it in an airtight mason jar to save time next time.
Thank you so much
New user, will definitely search before asking the next time.