• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can Buspar Be Psychedelic? Or Produce Similar Symptoms?

chicken hoagie

Bluelighter
I was doing research on Buspar (a medication I had been given by my doctor for anxiety, added on to my suboxone maintenance), and I saw that Buspar was an Agonist for the 5HT2A serotonin receptor. Knowing that agonists of this receptor are typically drugs of the psychedelic class, it made me wonder if it was possible that Buspar maybe had any psychedelic effects or at least psychedelic-like symptoms.

Anyones thoughts on this?

It is also said that Buspar releases oxytocin through 5HT1A agonism. Seems like an interesting drug, but anecdotes don't seem to bring up much interest for it.

No its crap. If you still have the paper prescription though then save it. It can come in handy when you run out of toilet paper.

Its very mild and for someone with a history of drug or alcohol abuse it really isn't gonna do much for you. Had a friend was taken 30mg two or three times a day or some shit pretty soild dose and he couldn't notice any difference he just stopped taking it one day. It can also lead to weight gain, the half life is short, and there are some other side effects but most people tolerate the effects well. The effects are just so damn mild ya know?

I was doing research on Buspar (a medication I had been given by my doctor for anxiety, added on to my suboxone maintenance), and I saw that Buspar was an Agonist for the 5HT2A serotonin receptor. Knowing that agonists of this receptor are typically drugs of the psychedelic class, it made me wonder if it was possible that Buspar maybe had any psychedelic effects or at least psychedelic-like symptoms.

Anyones thoughts on this?

It is also said that Buspar releases oxytocin through 5HT1A agonism. Seems like an interesting drug, but anecdotes don't seem to bring up much interest for it.

Buspirone is not a 5-HT2A agonist.

Ya that was lacking logic and rude quite frankly lol

Well then skip over my posts. I said nothing rude I was just frank and honest about my experiences. I contributed to the discussion and you haven't so I would argue that your post is more offensive by being so useless.

Buspirone is not a 5-HT2A agonist.

Can you give me a source as to where you find it to not be an agonist?

My research had shown that it was.

Receptor Binding Affinity (Ki [nM]) Action
5-HT1A 28.62 Agonist
5-HT2A 138.03 Agonist
5-HT2B 213.79 Agonist
5-HT2C 489.77 Agonist
D2 484 Antagonist
D3 98 Antagonist
D4 29 Antagonist
α1 Agonist
α1D Agonist