• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can building up a tolerance to speed also build up your tolerance to MDMA?

dscide

Greenlighter
I usually take MDMA about once every 10 weeks and I get a great effect from one or two pills. I usually drink alcohol every few weeks when I go to clubs but I no longer enjoy it so I am thinking of replacing it with amphetamine. I have never taken it before (unless it was sold as Ecstasy, I'm not entirely sure) but I have researched it and I reckon I know what I'm getting myself in for but I've got a few questions. Is it a drug suited for your average saturday night in a club rather than special occasions? can you build a tolerance to it quickly if you do it every few weeks and will that tolerance also carry forward to mdma since they are similar drugs? I want to save mdma for the bigger events like music festivals and keep my tolerance low. Also do you get the same body rushes and feeling of adrenaline with speed? that's probably my favorite thing about mdma

Is it a drug suited for your average saturday night in a club rather than special occasions?

Yeah I could see that it would be good in that setting but I've never actually tried it. I find amps to have a calming and smooth sense of euphoria instead of the MDMA blast so I'd imagine it would be cool in that setting. Great for chatting to people.

can you build a tolerance to it quickly if you do it every few weeks

You'll build a tolerance to it but not that quickly. I've built a tolerance to amps using it 1-2 times per week and that built reasonably quickly. Once every few weeks will be minimal tolerance development.

will that tolerance also carry forward to mdma since they are similar drugs?

It shouldn't affect your tolerance to MDMA really. Only if you abused the amps for a while.

Also do you get the same body rushes and feeling of adrenaline with speed?

No not really. It can be tingly at times but not in the same amazingly, pleasurable way MDMA is.

I've done this a short time. I'd suggest not doing the amph more than once a fortnight, and use the same precautions as with MDMA (not necessarily 5HTP and sorts, but lots of water, vitamins, sleep and exercise).
Also I recommend not doing amph for at least a month before you're doing MDMA, personally I'd even go for 6 weeks abstinence.

I usually went for 100-125mg of amph orally with a 50mg booster when I wanted.

Also personally, but an effect I see with other people as well: It might be difficult not to indulge in alcohol while under the influence of amph.

This is coming from someone who sometimes trips weekly, but always takes pretty large breaks when using serotoning/dopamine releasers.

I usually take MDMA about once every 10 weeks and I get a great effect from one or two pills. I usually drink alcohol every few weeks when I go to clubs but I no longer enjoy it so I am thinking of replacing it with amphetamine. I have never taken it before (unless it was sold as Ecstasy, I'm not entirely sure) but I have researched it and I reckon I know what I'm getting myself in for but I've got a few questions. Is it a drug suited for your average saturday night in a club rather than special occasions? can you build a tolerance to it quickly if you do it every few weeks and will that tolerance also carry forward to mdma since they are similar drugs? I want to save mdma for the bigger events like music festivals and keep my tolerance low. Also do you get the same body rushes and feeling of adrenaline with speed? that's probably my favorite thing about mdma

I used it for "average" nights out for a while and it works really for it as far as I'm concerned. A night out on MDMA is definitely more amazing and memorable, but the speed nights can still be great fun in their own right. You get all the chattyness you do from MDMA, but it's more selfish and egoistical, not as empathic. The physical energy and music appreciation boost are great for dancing, again not as amazing as MDMA, but still good. I do have to add that this has always been in combination wiht alcohol for me. Even low doses of amphetamine by itself make me pretty nervous and overstimulated, I need a bit of alcohol to smooth it out and make it enjoyable. The thing to take care of here is not to drink too much... Amphetamine blocks a lot of the mind fog of booze so you can be inclined to drink a lot, leading to horrendous hangovers the next day. Both in moderation work great for me though, hangover the next day is worse than just booze but there's none of the tuesday blues MDMA almost always gives me.

I've done this a short time. I'd suggest not doing the amph more than once a fortnight, and use the same precautions as with MDMA (not necessarily 5HTP and sorts, but lots of water, vitamins, sleep and exercise).
Also I recommend not doing amph for at least a month before you're doing MDMA, personally I'd even go for 6 weeks abstinence.

I usually went for 100-125mg of amph orally with a 50mg booster when I wanted.

Also personally, but an effect I see with other people as well: It might be difficult not to indulge in alcohol while under the influence of amph.

This is coming from someone who sometimes trips weekly, but always takes pretty large breaks when using serotoning/dopamine releasers.

Why do you recommend talking a break from amph before doing mdma?