Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can anyone help me? Still feeling range of symptoms 6 months after MDMA use

premiumhydro

Greenlighter
Hello all,

6 months ago I took around 250mg of MDMA which was spaced out into 4 doses. 50mg of that was from a random person. I know, it was incredibly stupid of me to do so, even though I split that random cap with one of my friends who doesn't have any symptoms.

1) The next day I woke up and had brain zaps. These brain zaps are daily and have been happening every day since that night. They last for about 2 seconds and then go away.

2) This was the only symptom I was having until about a month after when I spaced out in class. I didn't pass out, but just felt very disorientated and couldn't focus on anything. This lasted for about 10 minutes and had me really scared. I was about to go to ER but left class and waited for the disorientation to subside. It did after around 20 minutes.

Around 3 weeks later I had another episode of disorientation. Except this time it lasted the entire night and carried on onto the next day, but went away after that. This episodes happened around 2 more times. Until:

3) Around 8 weeks ago (4 months after MDMA use) my vision started to get bad. I can see everything, but focusing on things is hard to do - a good example is reading text. If I focus on a word it moves slightly. This is probably the most annoying symptom I have. Ever since around then my vision has been like this CONSTANTLY. It's now like I'm constantly in that mode of disorientation. There had been times where I had to go to ER it was that bad.

4) 4 weeks ago (5 months after) I have a very light ringing in my left ear. This could be unrelated, and my GP says it's tinnitus.

5) The last 2 weeks I have an extremely itchy scalp, which I'm constantly scratching.

6) The last few weeks I have felt at times like I'm in a movie - just extremely disorientated. A couple times I have also had suicidal thoughts. I am very positive and know the thoughts are stupid, and so dismiss them immediately. But they still happen at times. My neurologist said I could perhaps just be anxious. I just don't believe this as I have never suffered from anxiety or depression.

DOCTOR VISITS: - I have seen a neurologist and have had an MRI, EEG and blood tests. All came back normal. He referred me back to my GP who says the next best thing is to go on a light dose cycle of AMITRIPTYLINE. I am scared to take antidepressants, but if it's the only thing to do I guess I may as well.
- I saw an opthamologist and he after taking tests he says my optic nerve and eyes are perfect.
- I have been seeing a Gastroenterologist, and we have found out I have a food intolerance. Not sure if this related at all, but I've heard the stomach and brain are linked heavily.
- I was taking ROACCUTANE for my face, but stopped taking that 3 months ago (after 9 months of use). I thought it might be responsible for symptoms, but it's clearly not.

PREVIOUS DRUG USE: - I used to smoke a lot of weed, and continued doing so after taking that MDMA. I stopped around 3 months after taking the MDMA (3 months ago) after I started getting the frequent disorientation thing.
- I always spaced out my MDMA use by around 3 months. I have only taken it 5 times.
- I used to drink often but haven't done so in 2 months.

In summary, the 2 symptoms I am most concerned about is the DAILY brain zaps and the CONSTANT imperfect vision. Has ANYONE had these 2 symptoms together? I am very worried, especially since I've been clean off everything for weeks now and nothing is changing.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you are in good health :)

For one I don't believe the amount of mdma you did would cause any permanent damage, so if you're worrying about that I would try not to. From my personal experience, I did feel "brain zaps" after a 3 day binge but that only lasted about 2 weeks, and I do still feel the imperfect vision you are talking about and its been about 3 months since my binge. Currently feel slightly depressed and having concentration problems but I believe the symptoms are fading. For the record I was never a depressed person either.

Anyways I do think you're anxious, and I was too. Everyday I would wake up in the morning and try to determine if I had recovered or not, and I just realized lately that thinking like that could be hindering my recovery. Instead of tracking recovery just try to make the best out of your day. I would just try to embrace what you're feeling, deal with it the best you can, not let it get to you, and I think you will find yourself feeling a lot better.

Also, I find it strange that more symptoms are appearing with time, which also makes me believe that its just you overthinking. If you think you are getting worse, then the brain will make you feel worse, which I think is a depression issue. you ultimately have to believe that you're getting better. The dose you took is relatively small compared to a lot of people on here, I think you will be okay soon. cheers mate.

Last edited:
Spam link removed -Tranced

Noopept, a course of it can do a job on brain injury, you do not even have to take the top amount Russians prescribe 3mos. Non-drug increasing magnesium levels in the brain, and PS-DHA, PS is the signal braincells need for repair, btw. If you read you can probably make a guess at Semax and Selank not sure if they are relevant if you do not at least take PS-DHA that Sharp Thought one everyone should take because all life on earth has this requirement that has only changed by two protons, so if there is something wrong with your brain you are probably not taking DHA, for which the rate-limiting step is PS, there is a 150mg deficiency of it in the American diet... Anything wrong with the brain it is that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these symptoms fit HPPD like the derealization or living in a movie type feelings as well as the vision symptoms. That said, accutane can impact vision significantly and did for me personally.

There was a test that I found, ERG, that was the only one that seemed to be able to identify HPPD symptoms. I've seen a couple of other people use this test to identify HPPD symptoms as well

https://rxisk.org/keeping-an-eye-on-the-ball-visual-problems-on-ssris/

Overthinking was a bitch when I had hppd.

Also being in your early twenties you seem way more sensitive to drugs...in my experience at least. Don'ty once u are thirty u either won't notice or it will go away ...probably sooner.

What you are describing is called derealization. Pruritus and tinnitus, along with derealization, are all symptoms of general mental illness. Accutane, incidentally, is associated with a lot of problems.

But, MDMA and especially marijuana can precipitate schizophrenia.

Honestly, you really need to be seeing a psychiatrist. I think it goes without saying that staying sober is the right thing for you to do.