Mental Health Can any1 help

Marian.username@gmail

Bluelighter
Last time when i got off 50 mg quetiapine it gave me psychosis for the first time
Im thinking that i caused a large decrease in neurotransmission blockade to hypersensible receptors witch caused my psychosis
Im planning to taper this 50 mg quetiapine by removing 2mg per month and when i get to 25 remove 1 mg per month
Can any1 help me with some advice?
Does hypersensible receptors go back to normal while doing this slow taper?
(I read articles that they autoresolve during slow taper)
Does the brain adjust back to normal in the meanwhile during each taper period?
Im terrified that the hypersensible receptors won t downregulate back to normal by doing a very slow taper off

I think that going from 50 mg to zero in one month was to abruptly for my brain to handle(to big decrease in neurotransmitter blockade)

Unfortunately I have little knowledge or experience with this particular issue so my post is but vacuous sympathy. I'm sorry to see yet another case of iatrogenesis.

Best wishes to you and hope you figure out a solution soon - please keep us updated.

Last time when i got off 50 mg quetiapine it gave me psychosis for the first time
Im thinking that i caused a large decrease in neurotransmission blockade to hypersensible receptors witch caused my psychosis
Im planning to taper this 50 mg quetiapine by removing 2mg per month and when i get to 25 remove 1 mg per month
Can any1 help me with some advice?
Does hypersensible receptors go back to normal while doing this slow taper?
(I read articles that they autoresolve during slow taper)
Does the brain adjust back to normal in the meanwhile during each taper period?
Im terrified that the hypersensible receptors won t downregulate back to normal by doing a very slow taper off
Please understand that I speak from a place of experience, not condescension. Why are you quitting the Seroquel? Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia?

IME the best way not to experience withdrawals from an anti-psychotic is to taper and replace it with a different, possibly milder anti-psychotic. Another thing I've learned is that quitting an anti-psychotic can actually result in the psychotic symptoms returning.

You said quitting gave you psychosis for the first time. Why were you prescribed Seroquel in the first place if you weren't psychotic? Also, how long have you been taking it since the last time you quit? Weeks? Months? Years? It matters.

I'm sorry I have more questions than answers but answering these questions will help us give you more educated answers.

Please understand that I speak from a place of experience, not condescension. Why are you quitting the Seroquel? Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder or schizophrenia?

IME the best way not to experience withdrawals from an anti-psychotic is to taper and replace it with a different, possibly milder anti-psychotic. Another thing I've learned is that quitting an anti-psychotic can actually result in the psychotic symptoms returning.

You said quitting gave you psychosis for the first time. Why were you prescribed Seroquel in the first place if you weren't psychotic? Also, how long have you been taking it since the last time you quit? Weeks? Months? Years? It matters.

I'm sorry I have more questions than answers but answering these questions will help us give you more educated answers.
Does the brain reconfigure itself during a very slow taper? 3 or more years of tapering ,im doing it very slow and i want to become like i was in premedicated state.
I ve been taking seroquel for 1 year and a half and been injected with zuclopenthixol decanoate,i was miss diagnosted with psychosis

Does the brain reconfigure itself during a very slow taper? 3 or more years of tapering ,im doing it very slow and i want to become like i was in premedicated state.
I ve been taking seroquel for 1 year and a half and been injected with zuclopenthixol decanoate,i was miss diagnosted with psychosis
Thank you for the more detailed information. In my experience, every time I quit my antipsychotics my psychosis came back. If you were misdiagnosed, are you able to taper off under the supervision of the doctor who prescribed you the medication? Did your doctor tell you that you were misdiagnosed or did you come to this conclusion on your own?

I've been on Seroquel and it made me very tired all the time. I have never taken Zuclopenthixol but have taken Risperidone injections a long time ago. Do you plan on tapering off both medications or just the Seroquel?

Also, 3 years seems a little long. I think you should be able to taper off in a shorter amount of time, but I'm not a doctor so I would listen to a doctor more than some stranger on the internet.

Zuclopenthinxol it s tapering by itself since it s a depot
I will taper quetiapine under doc supervision but doing it slow like 3 years

what do you guys think of reducing 2 mg per month out of 50mg
And when i get to 25mg reduce 1 mg per month
And remove 0.5 mg per month when i get to 12mg? When arriving at 6 mg reduce 0.3 per month till 0

what do you guys think of reducing 2 mg per month out of 50mg
And when i get to 25mg reduce 1 mg per month
And remove 0.5 mg per month when i get to 12mg? When arriving at 6 mg reduce 0.3 per month till 0
I really wish we could advise you on this, but it's a bit dangerous considering you went in to psychosis once when you tried to taper down the seroquel yourself. I know you did it too quickly, BUT there is a chance even doing it the way you just described could also end in psychosis.
Have you spoken with your prescribing psychiatrist about this?? I think considering your past experiences with coming off seroquel, you really need to have some professional guidance with this. It's too risky.

I really wish we could advise you on this, but it's a bit dangerous considering you went in to psychosis once when you tried to taper down the seroquel yourself. I know you did it too quickly, BUT there is a chance even doing it the way you just described could also end in psychosis.
Have you spoken with your prescribing psychiatrist about this?? I think considering your past experiences with coming off seroquel, you really need to have some professional guidance with this. It's too risky.
The thing is i did not tapered the last 50 mg seroquel,i went off cold turkey