• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Can Ambien and Sonata be combined safely?

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
My two favorite drugs of all and I have some extras left over. Did shrooms earlier and have to work tomorrow so I need some sleep.

Tried winding down my day with some Sonata; a couple pills every hour for the past 4 hours but I’m still not even tired in the slightest. I enjoy Sonata for its heavy boost in creativity but tbh it isn’t really the greatest of all for sleep.

Now I’m honestly just craving some Ambien too so I can watch a couple TV shows in pure bliss then fall asleep and wake up nice and rested.

How bad of an idea is this? Last 2 Sonatas were around 11:10 and it’s a little past midnight now.

Probably not too dangerous to take it at this point either way but I am also curious how they’d combine just for future reference as well...🤔

Similar enough that they’d just add onto each other like mixing Xanax and Klonopin or am I risking a potentially life threatening change in chemical structure? My Ambien is Sublingual btw so skips right by the first-pass if that makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

✌️

Well, guess we’ll see. Only took half an Ambien to be (slightly) safer. That’s 5mg compared to my normal dose of 30-60mg so I think it’ll be a good tester. 🤷‍♂️

Sooo... incase the amnesia hits I’ll just update once more before going to sleep.

basically feels like I took 5mg Ambien with a few of the minute intricacies of the Sonata still being present. Enhanced sense of touch (can feel materials with more detail). Tracers are also much more prevalent in low light than they normally are on either substance. Any light I look at gains a nice long trail when shifting what I’m looking at. Some colorful blobs of light will appear at random spots in my peripheral when typing on my phone. And it appears like shadows are moving on my ceiling for some reason but I like it. Reminds me of the clouds I was noticing earlier on shrooms...

Overall I’d give it a 8/10.
Could go for a bit stronger so may continue experimenting another day...

definitely seems like a good way to cut down my tolerance cause I got more out of this than I would a huge dose of either one. Probably because the huge doses cause blackouts. I realize this is potentially dangerous but a nice technique to add to the arsenal. 🤙

It’s like you said, taking ambien & sonata would be like taking klonopins & Valium. Don’t think mixing em would be particularly dangerous. Just an extra tip on the Ambien based on 20 years of daily use. You get diminishing results as you go up on the Ambien. That’s true for lots of drugs, probably most of em to one degree or another. But it’s particularly true with Ambien. Try to stop at 10mg, which in my experience is the sweet spot. 20mg feels almost indistinguishable from 10mg. YMMV