Can 5-HTP kill a roll?

J

JessicaRabbit

Last weekend I rolled with some friends and hardly felt my (2) beans. It had been nearly 3weeks since my last roll, and we all had the same beans and my friends all got off like crazy. I had been taking 5-HTP, like
2-4 50mg a day, and I'd taken 2 50mg around 7 hours before I rolled.
I kind of felt the roll come on, but then it would go away and it was really weak. After about an hour of it teasing me it was pretty much gone. Any ideas?
I'm planning to roll next weekend and I don't want this to happen again! Thanks everyone!!!
smile.gif

~JR~

Two things...
1. Rolling is only partially the bean itself. Everything else ways into it. I've taken great beans and not really felt anything because of the people I was around and the environment I was in.
2. Make sure you are not taking anything with St. Johns Wart or some other MAO Inhibitor in it. I've seen bottles of 5-HTP and various other Herbal Blends that have St. Johns Wart in it un-necessarily. I'd just check everything you might be taking including a daily multi-vitamin cause even those are coming now a days with herbs in them.

Thanks, MzzzBond
So herbal stuff can hurt a roll? Wow...and I thougth they were supposed to be good for you! LOL
Anyway, another thougth: I took some Effedrine too...maybe that contributied too???....
Thanks again
smile.gif

~JR~

I have experimented quite a lot with pre loading , as i had an outrageous tollerence to E built up. one of the first things i noticed was when i would pre load with 5htp, it didn't matter on the type of bean, it reduced the effects , really made it lame. asked and expert on the subject on why that would happen , when it seems everyone else is having better times , and figured out that i have a natural high level of it already, and the extra that i'd take would do the opposite, depress the roll and not amp it . so i changed my pre load to not using 5htp and supplemented DPLA instead , and , then it was good ! i did the preload routeen for like 4 months straight, and got the tollerence down to a nice limit ! now when i go out rollin, i don't need to eat 7 plus a night , only 3 max and i'm a happy camper !
oh, I too have used efferdine , ripped fuel, xenadrin-RFA , as experimental things to speed up my rolls. some work, but that can get almost as expensive as just buying beans ! well , happy rolling !
peace !
------------------
..."It's a dirty job , but someone's got to do it / we care a lot"... (faith no more)

totally agree with you on the DLPA Raverdad.it is under rated.i was taking 5 a nite and i am a 125lb woman.now i take two at once and sometmes a third.i roll everyweek and sometimes twice.i try to save for special occasions but everyweekend is a special occasion.also if you are too tired it will effect your roll and you have to plan your day around your roll making sure you eat the right things at the right times and adquate rest.1000mg of tyrosine is also good and under rated.

Jessica just so you know. I've been there too. it suCks. I'll offer some advice next week. The compUter lab is about to close.
frown.gif

------------------
Bliss Bliss...(st) >ate of mind...I'm BLiSSed.!/
"I wANt to kNOw wHAt yOUr fEElINg. ThERe are sOMe thINgs you can't hIDe!
"I wANt to kNOw wHAt yOUr thINkINg. TELl me wHAts on yOUr mINd!"

beanergrl yeah i like the DLPA a lot ! hey do you party in o-town? email me if so... =)
------------------
..."It's a dirty job , but someone's got to do it / we care a lot"... (faith no more)

5htp can't kill a roll.
It is metaphorically adding fuel to a fire started by MDMA.
Keep in mind that the subjective effects of raises in serotonin [to which 5HTP is a precursor] are the ones associated with peace and empathy. In other words chillaxin.
L-Tyrosine being the precursor to dopamine [responsible for the rush & euphoria] & DLPA [prolongs the effects of dopamine] are much more influential to how "hard" you'd roll.
Ephedrine, if anything would raise noradrenaline/adrenaline levels to make the roll somewhat more "speedy".

> 2. Make sure you are not taking anything with St. Johns Wart or some other MAO Inhibitor in it. I've seen bottles of 5-HTP and various other Herbal Blends that have St. Johns Wart in it un-necessarily
Ack ack ack ... taking 5-HTP with an MAOI is a bad idea... I can't imagine why they would package the two together. Best advice is to stay away from any MAOI's all around, just pop your 5-htp whenyou need it... i know i've said this before and it's probably sounding like a broken record but fuck the SJW
smile.gif
Take ~300mg of 5-htp about 2 hours before your roll and see how that does ya.... And take another 300 mg before going to bed after your roll, it'll keep you happier the next day
smile.gif

Also beanrgrl, by rolling 1-2 times a week, you are just asking for long-term e-depression down the road. You should at least wait until your brain rebuilds up its supply of serotonin before rolling again.

i rolled last monday nigth and then since tuesday afternoon i've been takinglike 300 mg of 5-htp (and it DOES have st.john's wort in it)...then i rolled last nigth (saturday night) and i've nver rolled without at least 3 weeks in between but i had the best roll i've EVEr had last nigth so i really think that 5-htp stuff helps alot. i also drank tons of oj before i rolled and ate a lot of veggies.hope this helps!

5htp is a crock of shit for enhancing your experience, the only thing it will do is make your hangover easier. Besides it takes several days for the 5htp to get completely converted to serotonin, any amounts that you do take still dont give great amounts of serotonin since your body usually recognizes this and only takes what it needs. Ive not even noticed a difference with it helpint the hangover much at all if any. all that non-prescription crap is for the ultra sensitive who think its going to make them do backflips when actually they could take a placebo and feel the same. I take prozac during the roll, and despite it keeping you from sleeping, I feel better the next day than i would if I hadn't rolled. Boycott that gay 5htp bullshit, I hate people who swear by that crap.

Ah, always love the Oh-so-usefull "It didn't work for me, therefore its totally bogus" post.
Yes, as we ALL know, if something doesn't work for EVERY LAST SOLITARY PERSON *EXACTLY* the same, then EVERYONE is just deluding themselves! Because we ALL *know* that every last human brain functions EXACTLY the same, don't we? Those people who take more pills than you? Wasting their cash since everyone has the EXACT same physiology! Those people supplementing with amino acids? HA! What luzers! We ALL *KNOW* that EVERYONE has the EXACT same levels of ALL amino acids in their brains! We are all just clones, its just that most of the idiots out there are just to stupid to realize it!
And of course, since we know that MDMA doesn't do anything for a few people (You did know that, right?) the rest of the world is just having a huge shared hallucination of rolling!
wink.gif

YES, YES, YES. 5htp fucked my roll all up, I had the bomb pills to and I ended up fucking wasting them. Fuck preloading, postloading is good though.
peace

Sorry, I should have let you known that It killed rolls on 2 other friends of mine as well with no positive benefits what-so-ever. We have all done the prozac thing and believe its the only medication to help the rolling experience (post roll that is). Another thing, I read somewhere that DLPA was shown to promote neurotoxicity the day afterwards. Anyone else know about this? I read the Merck manual about the prozac and neurotoxicity and it had some figure of %95 reduction of damage to "capillary axons" as they put it.

prozac and other ssri's(like paxil)do not enhance the E experience because they block the reuptake of mdma which means you have to take twice the amount a normal person does,believe me I take paxil and I have to do about 3 pills to fill one.