• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can 4 days of zubsolv get me off blues??

shibashiba

Greenlighter
I have been using opies for about 8 yrs on asked off, just recently got off then while doing couple mthns in jail. When getting out my bf had begun using heroin. I also started to after getting out, eventually went to the methadone clinic, hated it so after few months I stopped going by buying street dones n weening off the 60mg dose I was on.... Then went bk to doing blues n even h or d's here n there. My frd gave me a couple zubsolvs n I took approx half every 24hrs for four days am on my 5th day now, took my last quarter of one yesterday morning early. So it's been over 24 hrs now n I honestly feel fine. Does anyone know, am I pretty much outta the woods?? Or will tomorrow b worse??? I only took for four days n really don't know much about subs... Help

You're not out yet. The withdrawals should significantly better. I wouldnt expect anything horrible. Minor cold sweats, minor rls, anxiety, and probably lack of sleep will be it. Benzos, loperamide, dxm, and some aleve should mitigate most of the symtoms.

How long were you on blues this last time and what was your dose?

Yeah like he said ^^

Bupe has a pretty long half life so you many not start feeling the blunt of WD symptoms until at least 24-48 hrs after the last dose. Depending on what your habit was like before you started the subs is hard to tell what symptoms you may face. I would expect them to be pretty mild though. It would have been better for you to taper from the subs at a slower rate. they can be very effective even at very small doses. This would have made it a bit more comfortable.

You're not out yet. The withdrawals should significantly better. I wouldnt expect anything horrible. Minor cold sweats, minor rls, anxiety, and probably lack of sleep will be it. Benzos, loperamide, dxm, and some aleve should mitigate most of the symtoms.

How long were you on blues this last time and what was your dose?

This last time after getting out in end of Jan, I went from doing a few blues here n there, to using with my ex mainly heroin, d's, did those with him for few mthns, then went to the clinic on 60mg for a few mthns, n then like I said stopped going n did street dones to ween for about 8or 9 days, then back to using blues n d's like a month n half ago, slowly using less n less til got hands on the zubsolv. N yes I think ur right, I'm at just over 48 hrs n the minor symptoms started while trying to sleep last night, mainly BC I couldn't lol, but also minor cold sweats n anxiety :( nothing I can't live with I guess, only should last a day or two really right?? Altogether I only took 2 5.7 mg zubsolv pills over 4 days, didn't think that was long enough to really "get on" those. Idk :-\

feeling it now

Nati: I guess I just figured the longer I took the subs the worst off I'd b... But thinking back maybe I could've gone 5 or 6 days instead :( oh well I'm in it now. Def feeling the minor symptoms now after 52 hours without anything at all, mainly stomach problems, exhaustion, n minor cold sweats although that was always my least favorite part so even minor temp fluctuations irritate the hell outta me lol thanks for the advice tho, u both were pretty spot on

Yep, all water under the bridge now. Don't worry though soon it will all be over. Oh yeah the "chills" are definitely my least favorite as well. That and this horrible gagging feeling I get in my throat. your WD cycle should be relatively short only a few days. With the peak being at 72 hrs. Hang in there! :)
There is tons of information on this forum on managing your WD symptoms. A quick search of the "Thomas recipe" will greatly aid in easing the symptoms and allowing you to get some much needed rest. Always helped me.

You can do this man, I believe in you! Don't take any opiate just ride it out. Of course WDing sucks, but as a former opiate addict in recovery, i can tell you there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. My advice, don't go on maintenance if you don't need to. And don't convince yourself you need maintenance if you aren't doing it for the right reasons.

Moderator: Thank u, except if go with "girl" rather than "man" since I am one lol but u guys have been very helpful, got my hands on some benzo to help my sleep tonight :) I really think after riding out the hard part today I should b good tomorrow. ;D no going bk this time!! I've been doing the maintenance thing for a while, no more! Almost 60 hrs since took last PC of sub... So hoping tomorrow is a better day! Thanks guys again

That's so strange.... Literally right after I posted that I thought "what if it's a chick", but had to go take care of something and logged off ha. Today was so strange. anyways, good luck.

Ok guys, I fkd up n did a blue last night, buy that was nearly 72 hrs after took last quarter zubsolv n symptoms were pretty much subsided mostly anyhow, so did I really f up or is one time after 7 days not big deal???? It was given to me by sm1 unexpected n I just couldn't not. Lol what's ur thoughts on this besides how dumb it was? Lol :-\

Are you asking if this will increase your WD symptoms? No you will not go through much more WD because of only 1 pill. Physically, that is, now mentally you are going to feel more uneasy and definitely craving another.

Hey don't beat yourself up. We're only human. Relapse is completely normal. Just get back on schedule and brush it off. Take it one day at a time.