• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can’t get help in the us

TeddyTHEbear92

Greenlighter
In my opinion the us war on drugs is fucked because I was recently in a truck accident where I rolled off a bridge and was trapped in my truck for 6+ hours with before trying to climb out ending in me falling backwards and realizing how bad I was messed up to make a long story short I broke 11 ribs punctured one lung 3 fractures in my spine and busted my spleen which is now tied off holes cauterized and non working both collarbones broken and the pain management prescribed medicine that cost over $1400 with insurance and with them it’s not like you can just fill the $200 pain medication you are required to fill and use every prescription so needless to say I’ve gone with all these problems without any sort of medication for over 2 months and now I have to return to work again with no help I am an industrial electrician so people with little to nothing wrong with them or chronic pain with no reasoning can get all sorts of opioids but I’m left here to suffer with literally no help or relief... sorry for the horrible punctuation and rant....EE55F148-B314-4543-B35B-0F879F67205F.jpegF84EB02F-7D0E-4B1E-84E5-42260CBB6651.jpeg

That is horrible.
I am so sorry that you have endured this.
I am sure you are traumatized from this accident.
The “war on drugs” is ridiculous and people in your situation should not have to deal with that at ALL!

What do you mean that you could not just fill the pain medication?
I have not heard of that before. Did they write all the medications on one prescription making it so you couldn’t break them up or what?
Go back to them and tell them you cannot afford all of that. There may be financial aid available to help or auto insurance.
I have been able to not fill some prescriptions that I researched and just concluded would not be good for me and my situation.
Go to your doctor for help. You have some severe injuries and I cannot believe you have suffered through that without pain medication.
woah!

I sure do hope you feel better real soon.
❤️

Yea. I just had my first exp with surgery and pain doctors. I injured myself at work and needed knee surgery, so before surgery I finally got into a pain management office and they prescribed some new ER morphine ( the one w naloxone added like suboxone).
Anyway I went to fill it and it would’ve been like 5-600$! ... and it was for such a low dose I knew I’d only get a few days relief as even tho I was clean at the time, I was on subs for almost 20 yrs. and only off them maybe 1.5 yrs. idk about everyone else, but my tolerance is permanently jacked up.
Anyway, I called right back from pharmacy and explained I couldn’t afford it, ( and thankfully it was out of stock) and doc swapped it for same mg , but no naloxone... and it cost 15$ I think.
It’s disgusting a doctor tried to push same meds, but I was gonna have to pay 60X more. Than they wonder why ppl buy shit off the street.