• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can’t get any relief from my benzos anymore.

Bag84

Bluelighter
So I’ve been on klonopin for about a year and a half. I’m prescribed 70 1 mg tablets per month. Basically 1 in the morning and one at night and the other 10 are for breakthrough anxiety in the middle of the day if needed. I’m not supposed to take the 3rd one every day but like every few days for break thru anxiety. I’ve tried the schedule. Let it build in my system for a week but I still suffered with terrible anxiety almost 24 hours a day. Like my hearts gonna explode and I want to jump out a window. I’ve tried xanax for break thru anxiety while keeping in my schedule. But it wasn’t working. So I started slelf dosing (taking what I need to feel better).

I kinda remember some relieve stress taking 2.5 to 3 in the morning and 1.5-2 at night. Sometimes I would switch the dose depending how bad it is (basically 1.5-2 in the morning and 2-3 at night. I was hoping to get a better sleep that way. At first I didn’t like how it made me feel the next day. (Cloudy dream like and kinda like a zombie.)
It helps better but didn’t control it completely.

Fast forward to now. I’m taking up to 4 mg at a time and it’s not doing very much for my anxiety. Please remeber I do not take these for any recreational value. I’ve never found any recreation or any high ( that feels good anyway). I just want relief. And before you suggest xanax I’ve tried that and it didn’t help at all. So my question is. What’s wrong with me. I just want to feel normal during the day. Please not I have SEVERE anxiety and it’s always there. Sometimes terrible and sometimes really bad but I can get any relief or even get sleepy when it’s bed time. What’s going on.

Note: this is based on 1 mg tabs. Taken sublingually most of the time. I don’t find any recreational value in them. Even now I took 4 mg over the last 2 hours and I am completely alert and my heart feel like it’s gonna burst almost. Please read and help. I have experience and a tolerence with all sorts of benzos. I’m a male 37 yo. About 115lbs. And 5”7 feet tall

i had my thyroid gland checked out, hyper and hypo, i use to think only very large obese folks had gland issues, but it can be the no.1 reason why many have anxiety, i just got xanax awhile back, i wanna take more in more, i was starting to take them to sleep, but got some new sleep aids so i dont cut self short for when i do feel bad anxiety, you might not wanna hear it, but have your thyroid checked, i see and sense that for me xanax tolerance goes high fast, .5 was great, now i want higher, in just a month or so, but im laying low, theres lots of natural ways to treat it, but mine at that time, well lets say nothing natural worked, but i still use these herbs, let them build up good, my heart goes out so much so with people with crippling anxiety. im actually better , but its a strict diet of healthy foods, no processed anything and that means sugar!, i always liked eating that way, but please look up hypothyroidism, you might be shocked that symptoms might match yours, only took me a few months to not to wanna jump out windows, sounds like forever, but better than years or even a lifetime, best wishes for you

you cant drink alco., erm,a good cry helps, gotta friend to speak? with and no shame in it, but i know thats a tough one, super hot baths with cold shower helped me, but i dont know about your heart condition, best thing is you need sleep, but thats the vicious cycle, shit shit shit, everything i know is so healthy and takes a lil time, but dont keep taking more pls

So I’ve been on klonopin for about a year and a half. I’m prescribed 70 1 mg tablets per month. Basically 1 in the morning and one at night and the other 10 are for breakthrough anxiety in the middle of the day if needed. I’m not supposed to take the 3rd one every day but like every few days for break thru anxiety. I’ve tried the schedule. Let it build in my system for a week but I still suffered with terrible anxiety almost 24 hours a day. Like my hearts gonna explode and I want to jump out a window. I’ve tried xanax for break thru anxiety while keeping in my schedule. But it wasn’t working. So I started slelf dosing (taking what I need to feel better).

I kinda remember some relieve stress taking 2.5 to 3 in the morning and 1.5-2 at night. Sometimes I would switch the dose depending how bad it is (basically 1.5-2 in the morning and 2-3 at night. I was hoping to get a better sleep that way. At first I didn’t like how it made me feel the next day. (Cloudy dream like and kinda like a zombie.)
It helps better but didn’t control it completely.

Fast forward to now. I’m taking up to 4 mg at a time and it’s not doing very much for my anxiety. Please remeber I do not take these for any recreational value. I’ve never found any recreation or any high ( that feels good anyway). I just want relief. And before you suggest xanax I’ve tried that and it didn’t help at all. So my question is. What’s wrong with me. I just want to feel normal during the day. Please not I have SEVERE anxiety and it’s always there. Sometimes terrible and sometimes really bad but I can get any relief or even get sleepy when it’s bed time. What’s going on.

Note: this is based on 1 mg tabs. Taken sublingually most of the time. I don’t find any recreational value in them. Even now I took 4 mg over the last 2 hours and I am completely alert and my heart feel like it’s gonna burst almost. Please read and help. I have experience and a tolerence with all sorts of benzos. I’m a male 37 yo. About 115lbs. And 5”7 feet tall
wish i had instant help for you, others will chime in that have much exp

You have developed a tolerance to benzodiazepines.

Benzodiazepines work by increasing the effectiveness of endogenous GABA on the associated receptor complex. The receptors then begin to desensitize as the body attempts to maintain homeostatic balance. This results in tolerance and withdrawal.

I've been there before (two separate times seperated by a bunch of years) and the only answer for me was getting off. This was exceptionally difficult and I'm forever changed by it (for the worse, heavy benzo use can permanently reduce the effectiveness of those receptors, thus worsened anxiety).

Since your dose is still quite low, and the time has been short, now would be a great time to think about how to get off. You will almost certainly face a constant uphill battle with benzos in this regard, even if you go up in dose now and feel better for a while, you'll find yourself in the same spot 2 years from now, when 4mg of clonazepam no longer suffices and you're experiencing interdose withdrawal.

Benzos have their uses but these uses are frankly more rare than what is currently prescribed.

I was twice horribly addicted to very high doses of doses for pretty extended periods of time. I avoid them like the plague but i take them occasionally (maybe 10x a year) when im backed into a corner that i dont want to be in. They work like a dream but i feel pretty heavy rebound anxiety for 5 days or so after.

They work tremendously well but are entirely unsustainable for many people. My baseline anxiety is way higher than before benzo abuse but I'm far happier off them. Ive said this here before, but benzos are like paying for your anxiety with an ultra high interest credit card, one day you'll have to pay it back, with interest.

Benzodiazepines work by increasing the effectiveness of endogenous GABA on the associated receptor complex. The receptors then begin to desensitize as the body attempts to maintain homeostatic balance. This results in tolerance and withdrawal.

I've been there before (two separate times seperated by a bunch of years) and the only answer for me was getting off. This was exceptionally difficult and I'm forever changed by it (for the worse, heavy benzo use can permanently reduce the effectiveness of those receptors, thus worsened anxiety).

Since your dose is still quite low, and the time has been short, now would be a great time to think about how to get off. You will almost certainly face a constant uphill battle with benzos in this regard, even if you go up in dose now and feel better for a while, you'll find yourself in the same spot 2 years from now, when 4mg of clonazepam no longer suffices and you're experiencing interdose withdrawal.

Benzos have their uses but these uses are frankly more rare than what is currently prescribed.

I was twice horribly addicted to very high doses of doses for pretty extended periods of time. I avoid them like the plague but i take them occasionally (maybe 10x a year) when im backed into a corner that i dont want to be in. They work like a dream but i feel pretty heavy rebound anxiety for 5 days or so after.

They work tremendously well but are entirely unsustainable for many people. My baseline anxiety is way higher than before benzo abuse but I'm far happier off them. Ive said this here before, but benzos are like paying for your anxiety with an ultra high interest credit card, one day you'll have to pay it back, with interest.
ty,i need reminders and good ol godsmacks ty ty , perfectly said

wish i had instant help for you, others will chime in that have much exp
You were great and very helpful. And to let you know I have crippling anxiety that has kept me in misery for months straight. I wake up with cold sweat and my heart feeling like it’s gonna explode every morning. And jumping out the window is the main thing I tell my mother on how to describe it. I cry almost every day. I’ve even made a list of days I can string together without crying and I can’t. This is crippling and associated with no known thought or triggers.

Since I take more than prescribed I try to go days between doses. But I always run out early, I’ll go 2 weeks without them with no craving or withdrawl. The only thing I think is “I wish I had my clonozepam, but what’s the sense cause They don’t really help anyway” I don’t want to get addicted. Frankly I don’t think I am since I can go weeks without them and have never had a withdrawl. All I’m left with when I don’t have them is the anxiety that made me take them in the first place. And possibly rebound anxiety. But I’m not freaking out trying to get some. I just want to wake up and feel ok. If there’s a reason to be anxious then I understand. But I feel like a switch was turned on in me 3 years ago and it never ever goes out. Unless I take opioids but that’s short lived relief.

I don’t mind taking them a couple times a week. I don’t abuse them. I find no recreational value in them what so ever. But if I can take as need no more than 2 days a week I’ll feel so much better about my life.

you cant drink alco., erm,a good cry helps, gotta friend to speak? with and no shame in it, but i know thats a tough one, super hot baths with cold shower helped me, but i dont know about your heart condition, best thing is you need sleep, but thats the vicious cycle, shit shit shit, everything i know is so healthy and takes a lil time, but dont keep taking more pls
I would like to just take them as needed. Like no more than 2 times a week. I hate the idea of constantly having a drug in my system.

You run out 2 weeks early so you are taking 70 pills in roughly 15 days. So roughly 5 mgs per day and you say that you take that much as what you are prescribed isn't enough to calm your anxiety. So therefore you take extras but you say even that doesn't help.

Think it's time to switch up on your scripts to something longer lasting ( like valium) as there is no way the Dr. is going to give you 140 pills a month for your anxiety. That's pretty much what you say you need to get 30 days worth of relief. If 5 mgs of klonopin per day isn't cutting it then you are on the wrong med. Maybe adding some hydroxyzine or gabapentin would help. Talk to your Dr. about adding some meds to your benzos and see if that will help. I would be very careful going forward taking more than you are prescribed as even on another med your tolerance is going to skyrocket. Your tolerance to klonopin is pretty high so that's why you can't feel them anymore. And taking more than the 5 mgs per day that you are already taking won't help your anxiety...it's liable to make it even worse.

You say you don't WD for the 2 weeks until you can re-up. Consider yourself very lucky. People that abuse their scripts and do the 2 week on, 2 week off scenario eventually pay an awful price. Good luck with getting a new med and adding some into the mix.