• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can’t feel the effects from alcohol

DjAri420

Greenlighter
Hello, I’am trying to stay sober from opiates. I have been clean for a week now and it’s been crazy hard. I haven’t had alcohol problems so I decided to have a couple drinks. I couldn’t feel the effects at all! Anyone know what’s going on or have advice on what to do to fix this? I’am new to that and it’s my first post so if I did something wrong, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Drink more and you'll get there...

Alcohol is no good though, worse for you than opiates (but for me not as addictive).

I'd recommend getting some black seed oil capsules. It works well for opioid cravings and you can take it as needed...

Hello DjAri420, welcome to Bluelight!

Congratulations on completing a week clean, let's hope there's many more. Please dont fall into the substituting with alcohol trap though, it's very easily done and is extremely common with us ex addicts. Perhaps it's a blessing that you're not feeling any effects from the booze, but it's best not to persevere too much because it will eventually afford the oblivion you're undoubtedly still seeking.

All the best mate and here's to a speedy recovery!!

I've found alcohol to be like this during late stage withdrawal. You gotta remember that you have been flooding your dopamine receptors and they are not as sensitive to the alcohol. Also the NE felt during opiate withdrawal negates the relaxant effects of alcohol. Strangely enough I could drink like a fish and barely be buzzed and out of nowhere blackout. It was if all the effects of alcohol were negated except the amnesiac qualities.

Do you have liver problems or could you have liver problems without you knowing?
Have you been taking a lot of opiates that contain Tylenol?

If your liver is failing, you can’t feel any drug or alcohol. It renders them null and void.
your liver can be starting to fail for weeks before it actually fails entirely.
You may not even feel the symptoms or be aware of it happening.

Just a thought here. It is strange to me that you cannot feel alcohol.
You should be able to feel alcohol for sure. Especially having a history of not drinking much.

Let me know if you want more details on this. It is something to watch out for.

Best wishes!

Hello, I’am trying to stay sober from opiates. I have been clean for a week now and it’s been crazy hard. I haven’t had alcohol problems so I decided to have a couple drinks. I couldn’t feel the effects at all! Anyone know what’s going on or have advice on what to do to fix this? I’am new to that and it’s my first post so if I did something wrong, please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Just tolerance/feeling shit from lack of opioids. Just drink more.