• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Calling in / picking up a benzo prescription for a family member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relapz

Bluelighter
My friend asked me if he could call in a direct family members script and then pick it up if they have the same last name? Has his ID.

It's a lorazepam script with refills.

Not sure if correct section first post

All you need to do is call the pharmacy and put the Rx# into the automated system. You can go pick it up for someone else but need to show that you know them so they will ask for things like their address and date of birth. Not everyone is capable of making it into the pharmacy.

That said, I hope you are just doing a favor and not trying to steal someone's meds. Not only is it probably a felony without their consent and to keep meds that aren't prescribed to you, but they probably need them and might be in a bad place without their meds for a month.

You didn't even say where you live but simply call the pharmacy and ask. If you're not up to anything shady then why not just get the info from the horse's mouth?

This really isn't the sort of thread we handle on Bluelight. This is an issue you need to take up with either your prescriber or your Pharmacist, which I can only assume there's a reason you haven't done so already. If you are asking us here on Bluelight because you intend on trying to pick up someone's prescription for yourself, I highly advise against it.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.