TDS call 988 - The US has upgraded and expanded their crisis support system, for suicide, mental health, substance abuse crisis

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
In case anyone didn't hear the news, there is now a universal crisis number in the US, just dial 988

This is basically an improved and expanded system which combines the old suicide support line with SAMHSA (mental health / substance abuse crisis line).

It's better staffed and there will never be a busy signal. Now you won't have to memorize any long phone numbers.

In case anyone didn't hear the news, there is now a universal crisis number in the US, just dial 988

This is basically an improved and expanded system which combines the old suicide support line with SAMHSA (mental health / substance abuse crisis line).

It's better staffed and there will never be a busy signal. Now you won't have to memorize any long phone numbers.

Thanks for posting! I have been seeing this in my newsfeed but forgot to look into it.

The link you posted stated that 988 was designated in 2020 so why are we just hearing about it now? Did it take two years to implement or are recent mass shootings and mental health discussion bringing it to light? Curious to know.

The link you posted stated that 988 was designated in 2020 so why are we just hearing about it now? Did it take two years to implement or are recent mass shootings and mental health discussion bringing it to light? Curious to know.
I think it just became nationwide today. I'm not really sure. I haven't heard about it until now.

Red flag laws?? 🤔
He thinks it's a conspiracy to take away his guns.