• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

California Rocket Fuel

Interdasting thread.

I was googling for the possibility of combining Bupropion with California rocket fuel.
Some dude above seemed to consider it kool and the gang.
And SNRI, an NaSSA and NDRI in triple combination...?

Also - there is this claim above that Pristiq is actually LESS stimulating than Effexor??
How can that be?
Does pristiq still maintain downstream antagonism of some opioid receptors??

Also, dextromethorphan will increase the stimulating effect of the CRF combination??

Can anyone else vouch for that?

Desvenlafaxine does not work as well as venlafaxine because it is only one of the active metabolites. There are other ones, and venlafaxine maintains MAJOR pharmacological activity itself, and if you look, when determining dosages, Wyeth did NOT maintain equipotent dosages when pushing desvenlafaxine on the market.

This is why it is less effective.

I can't vouch for it personally, but pharmacologically I'm sure it can. But it is NOT a safe combination as bot dextromethorphan and venlafaxine are SSRIs and have the propensity to cause serotonin syndrome and death. Please do not mix these two.

Thanks.

From your knowledge, would the addition of bupropion be a safe mix with this existing combination??

The combination sounds like a putrid abomination to start with. Sod combinations, I would rather bathe in my own decaying diarrhea than take it at all. EW.

If I was THAT rat, I'd be breaking bars off the cage and ripping my own stomach out in order to bleed to death slowly in an agonized pile of insides.

The combination sounds like a putrid abomination to start with. Sod combinations, I would rather bathe in my own decaying diarrhea than take it at all. EW.

If I was THAT rat, I'd be breaking bars off the cage and ripping my own stomach out in order to bleed to death slowly in an agonized pile of insides.

Are you referring to CRF, or CRF in combination with bupropion?

Isn't bupropion commonly administered to alleviate SNRI induced sexual dysfunction.
Several clinical trials with hundreds of subjects strongly suggest its efficacy in this capacity, with gradual improvement over a period of weeks.

I know it is safe to co-administer with mirtazipine.
And also given with venlafaxine.
But the three all together??

At the moment I'm taking Ritalin in conjunction with CRF.

I would hope to exclude Ritalin with the addition of bupropion.
Surely bupropion couldn't be worse than a stimulant like methylphenidate.

Either sounds horrid to me. Especially considering mirtazepine at a quarter of the lowest available dose unit here makes me get so awful a case of akathisia I would cheerfully eat my own family if it would make it STOP. I'd have killed myself I am sure, if I wasn't banged up at the time.

Oh, well, fair enough.
But a biased opinion of course, now that you've highlighted your response to it.

I love mirtazapine.
Best med ever - if only it has a little more efficacy.

Bupropion seems to have little to no contraindications or medical interactions, apart from lowering the seizure threshold, so I can't see how its addition to CRF would not be authorized.