• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

California man run over by drunk daughter: police

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
A California man who tried to prevent his adult daughter from driving drunk was struck by her car and killed, police said Sunday.

Soukvilay Barton, 37, faces charges of vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence in connection with the Friday incident at a home in Riverside, east of Los Angeles, according to Riverside police.

Barton had allegedly been arguing with family members and drinking before she got into her BMW and began to back the vehicle out of the garage, according to a police report.

Her father, 69-year-old Bounmy Rajsombath, stood in the driveway in an effort to keep her from driving and the car backed into him, the report said.

cont at
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-usa-california-father-20140615,0,7724112.story

damn that is fucked up, i wonder if it was an accident. Regardless she still killed him. damn

Fucking people that egregiously drink and drive should have the book thrown at them. Bottom line is you know what you are doing but you still proceed to risk other peoples lives.

to right i have no time for drink drivers whats so ever scum simple as

A terrible accident, but if she hadn't thought that driving drunk was ok, it would never have happened.
She will suffer forever in her mind and heart for doing this, but I still think that she should do some time in jail.
Egregious violation of human morality = go to jail for a while and think about how not to do it again.

Fucking people that egregiously drink and drive should have the book thrown at them. Bottom line is you know what you are doing but you still proceed to risk other peoples lives.

And herein lies a lesson for you on negative and positive rights, my little libertarian grasshopper.

The freedom to drink and drive (negative right) is restricted by the right not to be killed by a drunk driver (positive right) - but, hey, that's just "some double speak political nonsense", isn't it?

^ I prefer to use the term reckless driver, since it encompasses any drunk driver that is driving recklessly. I've had a cop tell me that he would prefer his alcoholic friend to drive drunk rather than sober because this individuals alcohol usage meant that he needed alcohol to function. The reason I say this is because there is no such thing as 'reckless driving checkpoints,' only drug or DUI checkpoints.

^ I prefer to use the term reckless driver, since it encompasses any drunk driver that is driving recklessly. I've had a cop tell me that he would prefer his alcoholic friend to drive drunk rather than sober because this individuals alcohol usage meant that he needed alcohol to function. The reason I say this is because there is no such thing as 'reckless driving checkpoints,' only drug or DUI checkpoints.
Shit man ain't that the truth!