• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Calgary police issue 'bath salts' warning

LogicSoDeveloped

Bluelighter
Calgary police say a potentially dangerous drug called “bath salts” is likely being used in the city.

“Bath salts” is a nickname for the synthetic drug methylenedioxypyrovalerone or MDPV, a stimulant similar to cocaine or methamphetamine.

The effects of the drug can be unpredictable.

While illegal in the United States, the drug isn’t listed as a controlled substance in Canada and can be legally brought into the country.

There have been cases of extremely violent behaviour from people on the drug.

The drug made international headlines recently after being linked to a case in Miami, Fla., where a man attacked and ate parts of a homeless man before being shot by police. But authorities there are unsure what, if any, role the drug played.

The drug is also causing problems in the Maritimes and is headed west, already showing up on Edmonton streets.

Calgary police spokesperson Kevin Brookwell says, since it is not against the law, the drug is being sold on the internet.

“But if it has been around for a few years in the States if it is given the same effect as meth or ecstasy and now we're seeing it in Eastern Canada we have to believe that it's here in Calgary and the reason that maybe we're not seeing it is because you can legitimately get it,” he said.

Brookwelll said until it's made illegal their hands are tied.

Federal Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq says the government hopes to ban bath salts by this fall.

source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/story/2012/06/06/calgary-police-bath-salt-warning.html

thought we should note that these compounds aren't banned in Canada...yet.

I can't find bath salts in Ontario at all. I have been searching under different names, I just want to find a place that is selling it because everyone in Canada is all up in arms about this shit and NO ONE has even fucking seen it!!! MDPV or 'bath salts' packets... No one even knows what drugs are involved, all that most people know is Bath Salts>Psychosis>cannibalism ... Pathetic.

I live in Eastern Canada. I just so happen to have in my possession 1 gram of MDPV. I was not able to source it locally. I had to order it online. I'm not sure why, as now I'm terrified by it and will never take it! Just too many incidents... not worth the risk. On to bigger and better!

i've never seen bath salts sold here either. I bought a 'spice' type blend once though but the store was quite sketchy about selling it, i was probably one of a few that actually got to buy it. There's still a bunch of other, better stims still available. I'm going to have to get some mephedrone before it gets banned.

its there...sold as pyrovalerone without more explanation except ''DO NOT OVER DO IT''...some ppl cut it whit cocaine other make it a pure scam and cut it with novocaine.
When i decided to get sober it was on friday the 13 2011 afer MDPV bindge... after all it as ben a good thing for me, because it made me it rock bottom fast and i stopped abusing stimulant ...i would prolly still be on speed/meth/p2 if i didnt hit the semi-psychosisfrom the MDPV

I don't do "bath salts" myself, but a few people I know get them from Windsor, ON. I happen to live right across the border in Detroit and people like to get Canadian weed, ecstasy and even bath salts. I've never gotten any, I just hear.