Caffeine Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone with almost 4 decades of experience took the time to offer me advice, I might be grateful, consider their reasoning and maybe wonder why it differed to mine...

You state you are a "pharmacy student", look at the mechanism of receptor internalization/down regulation after using popular stimulants, and homeostasis...

Motivation can be more powerful than a stimulant, that is if you have a strong will to succeed, and doesn't it down regulate overtime...

The supplement industry is renowned for controversy over claims of expensive overpriced products and proprietary blend of ingredients that either don't make that much of a difference, or don't work, of which pre-workouts are just part, most contain caffeine as the main ingredient that actually does anything, 1,3-dimethylamylamine was popular but suppressed appetite, N,alpha-Diethylphenylethylamine is an analogue of methamphetamine, not something you should be taking anytime especially every day pre-workout...
As previously stated any stimulant will quickly lead to your body taking counter measures that negate the initial response, homeostasis sucks, but that's kind of how it is...

Being successful in sport isn't about taking stimulants just to get you off your lazy arse to go gym, its about something you obviously haven't got, and would never understand..!!

Should you be blessed one day with the onset of maturity, you may come to realize the advice you have been given is correct whether you like it or not..

Ahh... It's nice to see some real constructive input. Well said Daz. I don't understand the reasoning behind some individuals who come into this section of the forum and do little to nothing productive and instead focus on expressing bigotry.

If someone with almost 4 decades of experience took the time to offer me advice, I might be grateful, consider their reasoning and maybe wonder why it differed to mine...

You state you are a "pharmacy student", look at the mechanism of receptor internalization/down regulation after using popular stimulants, and homeostasis...

Motivation can be more powerful than a stimulant, that is if you have a strong will to succeed, and doesn't it down regulate overtime...

The supplement industry is renowned for controversy over claims of expensive overpriced products and proprietary blend of ingredients that either don't make that much of a difference, or don't work, of which pre-workouts are just part, 1)most contain caffeine as the main ingredient that actually does anything, 1,3-dimethylamylamine was popular but suppressed appetite, N,alpha-Diethylphenylethylamine is an analogue of methamphetamine, not something you should be taking anytime especially every day pre-workout...
As previously stated any stimulant will quickly lead to your body taking counter measures that negate the initial response, homeostasis sucks, but that's kind of how it is...

2)Being successful in sport isn't about taking stimulants just to get you off your lazy arse to go gym, its about something you obviously haven't got, and would never understand..!!

Should you be blessed one day with the onset of maturity, you may come to realize the advice you have been given is correct whether you like it or not..

1)It does to me
2)You know nothing about me.

The supplement industry is renowned for controversy over claims of expensive overpriced products and proprietary blend of ingredients that either don't make that much of a difference, or don't work, of which pre-workouts are just part, most contain caffeine as the main ingredient that actually does anything, 1,3-dimethylamylamine was popular but suppressed appetite, N,alpha-Diethylphenylethylamine is an analogue of methamphetamine, not something you should be taking anytime especially every day pre-workout...

Being successful in sport isn't about taking stimulants just to get you off your lazy arse to go gym, its about something you obviously haven't got, and would never understand..!!

what's the connection with our topic? Caffeine still works to me and leads to great results. However I want to stop it, replace it with something else that works similarly or as placebo, because caffeine has many side effects physically and biochemically that I would like to avoid for some time at least.
This is my question. I am not here because I am lost and I need a guidance, that's what you don't realize, that's why I don't like people trying to show off their years of experience and try to give my advices that I didn't ask for. If that attitude of mine causes you negative emotions, why help a stranger after all, he may be the worst person in the world and just not show it.
Also when someone says "think someone you hate" in order to work-out as an advice, I'm sorry but what is this? That's unacceptable. To promote hate.
And for some unknown , logically thinking, reasons people here "hate me" too or something and take personally every word I say, which leads us even further off topic.
You need anger management and I need to go back to the world of logic :)
Thank you very much for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.