• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Caffeine increases MDMA toxicity/absorption by upregulating dopamine

Wow, and it increases the absorption of MDMA also.

Another reason for legalization, Pure legal MDMA should be available, without Caffein. And with proper information on toxicity and interaction's.

MDMA receptor's don't exist, dopamin receptor's do. So this is a bit of a I wanna get known video.

This isn't really new information synthetically.

Wouldn't be suprised if they found a trace amine down the line that acts like mdma, personally.

Caffeine antagonizes adenosine, which as far as I understand is kinda of the brain's tiredness molecule so of course caffeine will increase stimulant activity.

I would love to see these guys putting more effort into the word toxicity. To what degree is it reversible in a healthy individual, for example? A moment capture of so called toxicity means next to nothing imo.

People take MDMA and Caffein everyday, not consecutive day's. But globally. If the combo would be terrible neurotoxic we would know by now.

And there is no MDMA-receptor in the brain. I stand my ground there is a GHB receptor though.

Yeah, the terminology. There for sure are no MDMA receptors but we could invent some. Let's call SERT-1 MDMA-1 and here you're going.

GHB receptor's an interesting thing though. Ever since I learned that the antipsychotics ami-/sulpride were agonists for said receptor, I was baffled.